What was for lunch?

Michelle

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had planned on getting home for lunch today, but we spent to long in the library:roll:, so we went to the bakery where my sister works instead. Katie had two small sausage rolls and I had a new pie, chicken arrabiata, then we shared a cherry muffin and a carton of ribena.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I went to The Cheesecake Factory in Seattle with my mom, sister-in-law, cousins, and my two aunts. I had an appetizer-sized Caesar salad which could have fed 5 people. I didn't even finish a quarter of it. What a waste of food! Why do these places give you such huge portions? :)

I hate that too Echo. I'm not sure why they give such large portions. A lot of it gets wasted and many people end up so full from trying to eat it all. All it does is contribute to the obesity problem. If restaurants started giving smaller portions, it would probably help in educating people that smaller portions is the way to go.

I always feel guilty when I leave a lot behind but it just can't be helped. I try to make it look less bad by squashing everything to one side of the plate, leaving as much clear space on the plate as possible. Never mind that the food is now heaped a foot high on the side of the plate! :) I'll also hide as much as I can (under a lettuce leaf or something). If it's looking really bad, I'll just dump some on Mum or Dad's plate to make them look bad instead of me. Heehee!

I often think of homeless people going without (especially when you see places like bakeries throwing away heaps of bread at the end of the day - can't they distribute them where needed?)

frozen yogurt.

Ooo I love frozen yoghurt. There is a lovely place in Leicester Square that does it, I always try and go there when I'm in London :)