Hi all!

knitnat

Oh my goodness, I didn't realise there was a whole world of book lovers out here in cyber world just waiting to be found!

Sadly, at present with young children my reading time is somewhat limited. (I do remember those days fondly when Mum used to repeatedly call for me to get my nose out of the book and ....(insert whatever chore was needing to be done or meal to be eaten....:D) However, having children does mean i get to enjoy wonderful children's picture books and to see them enjoy books too!

Will fill in with more details later...bye for now from a very hot Sydney evening! (think it is still about 30 celsius at 10.30pm!)

Hi Knit! I remember squuuuueeeeezing in time to read ( I have 6 children ) and it's hard when they are young. I recall one day I read THE WHOLE DAY and the kids ran around destroying the house! That's a good book for you, right?? So engrossing you don't CARE what's going on!!

Welcome!

Isn't the general consensus though that you go for whoever is playing Manly? Afterall, no-one likes Manly. However now Melbourne is there, I think the caveat, unless they're from another state gets added. Thus, by default, you have to go for Manly! :D

Isn't the general consensus though that you go for whoever is playing Manly? Afterall, no-one likes Manly. However now Melbourne is there, I think the caveat, unless they're from another state gets added. Thus, by default, you have to go for Manly! :D

Who are you going for, Roland? I'll have to be a traitor to my state and go for Melbourne because Manly is my least favourite team. Not that I particularly like Melbourne either!

Got to be Melbourne for me, by 12. Yep, nobody likes Manly (or the Bulldogs!), and even though Melbourne are a couple of key players down, they've still got match winners everywhere - Inglis, Folau and the great Billy Slater.

Above all, they've got Mick Crocker - I reckon if you opened him up, you'd find the word "Winner" stamped right through him.

But what do I know - I support the Sharks :irked:

Hi knitnat and welcome :lol: Nice to have another down-under member.

Hi Knit! I remember squuuuueeeeezing in time to read ( I have 6 children ) and it's hard when they are young. I recall one day I read THE WHOLE DAY and the kids ran around destroying the house! That's a good book for you, right?? So engrossing you don't CARE what's going on!!

Welcome!

KW you are a lady after my own heart :irked: I saw this cartoon once with a mother sitting reading, surrounded by boisterous children hanging off the lights, dunny-flushing the cat etc., washing in all directions, pots boiling over and in the midst of it all, hubby arrives home. She calmly says "Well you always ask me whatever do I do all day." :D