Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek

Michelle

Josy is a twelve year old girl, who develops a mysterious illness, then one day disappears. There is absolutely no trace of her, and her body is never found.

Her father, well-known psychiatrist Viktor Larenz, is unable to cope with the loss, and after splitting up with his wife, he retreats to an isolated island, in an attempt to heal.

His time there is shattered by the arrival of Anna Glass, a schizophrenic who claims that characters she writes about come to life; and she has a story to tell about a young girl with an unknown illness, who has disappeared. Is there a connection? Can Anna’s delusions explain what happened to Josy?

For anyone who enjoys thrillers, this is an absolute must read. It’s fast paced, with plenty of twists and turns, and I found it almost impossible to put down. Is Anna the one with the mental illness, or is it Viktor? I felt completely absorbed in this story, and it’s characters, and they have stayed with me ever since I put it down.

I would be very surprised if this doesn’t become a hit film, and I’m going to recommend it to everyone!

• 1 month later...

Just finished Therapy, I really really really enjoyed it. Fast paced thriller that I couldn't put down, read in it in two days (housework was put on hold !!) The ending doesn't disappoint, which can so often happen. A big thumbs up :lol:

10/10

Just finished Therapy, I really really really enjoyed it. Fast paced thriller that I couldn't put down, read in it in two days (housework was put on hold !!) The ending doesn't disappoint, which can so often happen. A big thumbs up :lol:

10/10

I really must get my hands on this book! Its on my wishlist at the minute :lol:

You must make it top of your list, it really is a page turner. Do you want me to send you my copy ?

That would be great! :lol::smile2:

Book ring for this book here... http://bookclubforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=186984

Please come back here and leave some comments when you've finished. :dog:

Bev already has my address Michelle so it would be just as easy. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just finished 'Therapy'. It is a chillingly shocking read. It is a wonderfully paced tale, where you are immediately unsettled and urgently compelled to keep reading on until the last breathless pages.

You have a few pages here and there where you think you know what has happened, or what is happening, then suddenly the world turns lightly on it's axis and you are left reading the books with a "Huh?" look on your face. Yet somehow the book manages not to be confusing. I was only baffled when I tried to work it out.

This is a book that delivers the story to you, you cannot go fetch it. You have to allow the story to unfold as it does, it quickly teaches you that. While you are reading this book your role is passive, it tugs you along. It is once you have finished that the real thinking kicks in.

I haven't written about the characters or in specifics about the plot, because there is nothing I can say without giving away parts that you have to experience for yourself.

To anyone who hasn't yet read this book ~ just read it, please.

Ok first of all 'I'm sorry' :lol: this was sent to me last year and I forgot all about it, I'm putting it down to a tropical moment :D I promise to get this read as soon as I've finished my current book and start the ring off again, hopefully early next week. :lol:

Just finished 'Therapy'. It is a chillingly shocking read. It is a wonderfully paced tale, where you are immediately unsettled and urgently compelled to keep reading on until the last breathless pages.

I haven't written about the characters or in specifics about the plot, because there is nothing I can say without giving away parts that you have to experience for yourself.

To anyone who hasn't yet read this book ~ just read it, please.

Is it my sort of thing Chrissy? It is not sad is it?

Is it my sort of thing Chrissy? It is not sad is it?

It's only sad in terms of the human psyche rather than boo hoo sad.

It is thrilling, chilling and haunting and any other words that can give a reader a little shiver. It looks at the relationships we can have with each other and ourselves, including how we explain who and what we encounter in life.

It's only sad in terms of the human psyche rather than boo hoo sad.

It is thrilling, chilling and haunting and any other words that can give a reader a little shiver. It looks at the relationships we can have with each other and ourselves, including how we explain who and what we encounter in life.

I think I might invest in that.

Thanks Chrissy.

• 8 months later...

So.....did he do it....or did she do it.....I don't know, turns page :readingtwo: ....wait a minute but maybe it was her.....turns another page....:readingtwo: .thought I had that worked out......turns another page....:readingtwo: well didn't see that coming......turns page :readingtwo: You will have to read it for yourself to find out.

Phew.....great read Michelle thanks for sharing....oh and yes I did enjoy it :D

Edited by Inver

So.....did he do it....or did she do it.....I don't know, turns page :readingtwo: ....wait a minute but maybe it was her.....turns another page....:readingtwo: .thought I had that worked out......turns another page....:readingtwo: well didn't see that coming......turns page :readingtwo: You will have to read it for yourself to find out.

Phew.....great read Michelle thanks for sharing....oh and yes I did enjoy it :D

Hehe this makes me want to read it even more! I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for it.