Show your bookshelf

beef

Bookworm - loving your bookcase - so much space left.

Frankie - great bookcase, and double layered too, you must have loads of books.

Bookbee - wow, nice piles! I love seeing piles of books, second picture looks best ofcourse :shrug:

(Noticed the Twilight presence among many of you)

Hopefully I'll take some pics of my piles at uni and bookcases at home soon.

My mum said she would treat me too some new bookcases for my room when I move back in the summer ;) - excited

Edited by chrysalis_stage

Hehe, thanks! :shrug:

What I love is if you look at the first pile, it's pretty much all chick lit and young adult books with a few general ones thrown in there.

BCF comes along and my taste has changed completely! I don't really do chick lit anymore, it irritates me. ;)

That's my Uni pile - All my favourites and my TBR.

Hehe, thanks! :shrug:

What I love is if you look at the first pile, it's pretty much all chick lit and young adult books with a few general ones thrown in there.

BCF comes along and my taste has changed completely! I don't really do chick lit anymore, it irritates me. :smile2:

That's my Uni pile - All my favourites and my TBR.

I used to read loaddddds of chick-lit too, then just suddenly started reading everything but chick-lit and now I very rarely read it, although I have so many chick-lit books tbr now ;)

I tried to stop buying so many books several years before and just read them from the library,because, loving domestic order and cleanliness we saw our books were taking over the house.

But alas our hearts pined to go into the book stores and feel the books, then hold them and then lie to ourselves how much they needed to come home and be happy with us.

So, the truth is, we are now looking for a much bigger home and when we find our cherie, our perfect place we are planning to turn one into a complete library and but of course we are categorizing all and have thought of perhaps putting one of those metal things in the door way to make a noise if any of the expensive books try leaving. With a human attached oui? :)

We have many expensive reference books, many foreign language hard cover, English, Turkish, Greek, Latin, Hindi, Russion, Aramaic, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese,Ukrainia, Spanish,Italian, etc and also many cd's and other helps to go along with them.

We have a section on early civilizations and religions, a section on mathematics and one on Law, very extensive. We have a section on Classics, a section on mysteries. A section on engineering. A section on health and healthy cooking. We have a small section on excercise and one on myths and legends from about thirty countries. We have six or seven sections on children's books, a section on ancient faerie tales.We have a section on music and the masters. We have a section on great cathedrals of the world and other grand buildings. There is a section on gardening and one on psychology. Well mon ami you can see the picture. All must be dusted because so many books can affect the lungs and cause ashtma especially in children.

And most are hard cover. We would rather save for months to buy just one of these treasures than travel or go out.

But as you see, our present house is going on strike, no more books sil vous plait!.

So we are looking for a house with five bedrooms now and a couple of big rooms to spare, one for the music and recording and one for a beloved library.

In the meantime nerves are stretching because we are all wanting total order and pretty and what can we do? I thought the internet would solve this. Was there not the boasting at one time that paper would be passe? sigh. I will NOT use my member card to purchase books, I will not. Maybe some nice stationary.

WOW, Busy... you have a TON of books! That's an amazing shelf you have there.. and more just like that one? Goodness gracious! :)

And where in the world in NYC are you living that you have this kind of space available?! Your bookshelf is bigger than our closet was when I lived in Manhattan! :yes:

Most of us here have a system to how we shelve our books, some go by book colour, title or author, I go by size, so largest first and then going down in order. Once you've chosen a way to group them, it makes it a little easier to know where to put the books and then find them again!

I haven't got many books at uni with me, I did have more but have taken them back when finished during my time here. Can't wait to go home and be surrounded by more books.:lol:

Here is my lot at uni:

3370891142_ab2d01b91d.jpg?v=0

View of all of the beauties!

Think I have about 26 books useful for uni and 27 books for fun :D

Up close pics can be found here: 100_4717

3370891148_4768b3de24.jpg?v=0

Add two books to this picture : wildflowers and healing plants (they are at my bfs atm)

WOW, Busy... you have a TON of books! That's an amazing shelf you have there.. and more just like that one? Goodness gracious! :lol:

And where in the world in NYC are you living that you have this kind of space available?! Your bookshelf is bigger than our closet was when I lived in Manhattan! :D

The other bookshelves I have are smaller, that is the large one. One is in my son's room, and the other 2 are in the living room.

I live in 'The Bronx' in a 2 bedroom. It is spacious enough I suppose. :lol:

Most of us here have a system to how we shelve our books, some go by book colour, title or author, I go by size, so largest first and then going down in order. Once you've chosen a way to group them, it makes it a little easier to know where to put the books and then find them again!

That would take me about a month to do! :lol:

And although it doesn't look it from this standpoint, there is a method to my madness.

The very top is Art/craft books.

One square is TBR

One Square is religion/metaphysics

One square is health.

Yes, it is organized enough so I can find what I need....usually. It just doesn't look pretty.

:D We have a lot of the same books! Like loads. Your bookcases look great though; mine are all piled on the floor. I spied an Edward poster. :haha:

:D lol. I had a sneaky look at your pile and noticed the same thing :D. Yeah I thought no-one had noticed the Edward poster, but I couldn't resist it :lol:.