Show your bookshelf

beef

My OCD is kicking in; those Lord of the Rings DVDs and books aren't in the correct order! :D

Haha.. well honestly sometimes I care about that, sometimes I don't. This bookshelf is a temporary thing so to speak, since I currently still like with my mom, when I finish university, I'll get a place of my own (can't afford now :) ) and then I'll probably put everything in right order.. however now, I don't really care. I am not that OCD about my books etc. :lol:

My OCD is kicking in; those Lord of the Rings DVDs and books aren't in the correct order! :D

Oh god, I do that with books and DVD's .. not so much with CD's though .. I can deal with messing up their chronological order and my baked bean tins are randomly filed too so I'm only borderline.

You put the same series books in the same boxes? Wow, when I have gotten to the point where I realize I have to box up books, I don't care where they are.

And DVDs by alphabet? Would only do that if I had a very lot of DVDs... but I have maybe 1/4th as much DVDs as books. Am I saying that right? 4 times more books. :D

I have hundreds of DVDs (bit obsessed with buying them really) so I have to keep them in order to know which ones are missing :lol: I have far less books (but still too many) I have two boxes with books to read, two with books already read, and a bookcase with a few of each :D

Agreed, I want some book stairs also. Hang the fact that I'm afraid of heights, they look the snazz! I've also always wanted a secret-passage bookshelf... maybe I could have one of those leading into my library which is constructed in a stair-casy way *schemes*?

What I would do with my fake wall is, have it a wall on the OUTSIDE, but inside the book room make it a bookcase, incorporated into a line of similar bookcases, so when you close the door inside, it looks like you're in a room of books with no door :)

What I would do with my fake wall is, have it a wall on the OUTSIDE, but inside the book room make it a bookcase, incorporated into a line of similar bookcases, so when you close the door inside, it looks like you're in a room of books with no door :)

My friend in the US has persuaded her hubby to build a library just like this in their new house *green with envy*

My ideal library is in my head. It's a bit like the library in Sunnydale High (Buffy Season 1-3). I'd have a downstairs, with a little desk off to one side, the bookcase stairs leading up to a second floor about half the area of the ground floor, and have every single wall covered in bookcases, with stacks on the second floor.

I loved the library in Sunnydale High! I miss the library I had in my old house - shelves on 3 walls with a huge window on the 4th, a desk & office chair and a big old squishy armchair for reading *sigh*

I've never been in anything resembling a library room in person. I might actually bring some machinery and try to take it with me if I did.

I would give ANYTHING to own a house with a library room, but I really don't see that ever happening :) I only have about 250 books anyway.

5000 books.... Five....thousand........ I can't even imagine what that would look like on bookshelves. That's so cool. Out of those, how big is your TBR list? Sorry I know I'm asking all these questions lol, I'm just fascinated. I'd love to have that many books.

I've probably read about 3000, maybe a few more. What you should probably know is that I've spent just over 10 years working as a bookseller so factor in freebies, proofs and staff discount - they soon mount up :D I've always been surrounded by books though, my parents have an office/library that was always stuffed to the gills with books too so to me, it's completely normal :)

Thanks Noll, I think I am pretty lucky - although I may not have a job much longer if this ****** surgery doesn't hurry up and happen :)

I'd love to have my own bookshop, I even know exactly where it would be and how I'd have it set out!

ETA - Thanks Frankie :D It might also be worth pointing out that I've kept just about every single book I've ever owned since the age of about 8!