Show your bookshelf

beef

Too funny Charm

:D

Maybe they are fitted with a little light fixture, but are discreetly tucked away when not in use. I mean, clearly it is daytime in this picture, so you wouldn't use the little (or large) lights until sunset.

Spotlights! :D

The light fixtures totally need to be touch sensitive.

:) Touch sensitive! I like it :lol: You naughty girl!

All I can say is, that photo on the third shelf and the books on the second are well propped up. :lol:

Oh definitely! Where are they all hiding? Unless they're moonlighting as those shelves..... :D

Well now, if the men on this forum look anything like those lovely chaps in the nip, I suggest they should come here right now so that I may re-acquaint myself with them :D

Chrissy, that's given me the best laugh of the day. However, I'm wondering.. the ones facing downwards.. where have they tucked it? :D

I'm thinking Action Man (or Ferrari driver . . .).

Now all we need is one of the outnumbered men on this forum to come in and go -

A bookshelf made of men, well, at least you would have someone on hand to put it together for you . . . :D

Cool shelves, Echo! You've got some editions there.

I'm loving this thread. I also went back after the bookend comment to see how it would work from both ends. :D

Brilliant idea with the touch-sensitive lights, Nollaig. :D

• 3 months later...

I re~organised my bookshelves last night, every book now has its place (apart from the ones that are in a book under our desk :lol:

It looks great, Weave. And that's the exact same bookcase I bought the other day (in black too!) :lol: I love picking out which books we share.

They are great book cases aren't they? once we have more room, we are hopefully buying another one. ;) I love looking at yours and other member's book cases too :)

All my favourites things in the one place, books, trinkets and photos :roll:

Here are all my book shelves. We have about another 150 books in storage.

I love your book shelves Echo, you have a maneki neko! its gorgeous :lol:

They are great book cases aren't they? once we have more room, we are hopefully buying another one. ;) I love looking at yours and other member's book cases too :roll:

I love that you can adjust the shelves as well. I have a lot of mass market paperbacks, so I buy two extra shelves for each bookcase and fit in a lot more books that way. :lol:

I wish I had the room for bookcases :roll: I have one with my favourite/prettiest looking books on then the rest are in 4 or 5 storage boxes ;) Paula, I love all of the photos and ornaments :D It looks really personal and homely :lol:

Please post a pic of your prettiest looking book shelf!, thank you for your nice comments, if you saw the rest of our flat, you would say, 'yip Paula lives here' :)

I have two bookshelfs, or one is a shelf, the other a little bookcase, the rest of my books are in storage boxes.. no space. :)

[ATTACH]960[/ATTACH][ATTACH]961[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]962[/ATTACH][ATTACH]963[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately I also have to put double rows on the shelf, again, not enough space.:D

My OCD is kicking in; those Lord of the Rings DVDs and books aren't in the correct order! :lol: