A new first line of current book

Nici

In a hole in the ground, there lived a Hobbit. - The Hobbit. J.R.R Tolkien.

Just finished this.. but yeah.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in. ~General George Washington January 14, 1776"

1776 by David McCullough

Edited by Binary_Digit
Typo correction

"This is the Discworld, which marvels through space on the back of four elephants which themselves stand on the shell of Great A 'Tuin, the sky turtle." - Witches Abroad. - Terry Pratchett.

Roger, ages seven, and no longer the youngest of the family, ran in wide zigzags, to and fro, across the steep field that sloped up from the lake to Holly Howe, the farm where they were staying for part of the summer holidays.

- Swallows and Amazons. - Arthur Ransome.

That Thursday evening I was working late, removing the skull of a dead owl

The Conjuror's Bird by Martin Davies

Carole

Nice. :lol:

"I see..." said the vampire thoughtfully, and slowly he walked across the room towards the window.

Interview With The Vampire - Anne Rice

I so want to read Interview with the Vampire! I used to hate it because my sister's creep-of-a-boyfriend was so obsessed with it and other supernatural things. (He claimed to be a real werewolf. :blush: Keep in mind that this was about fourteen years ago.) Then a few years back the movie was on TV so I gave it a chance and ended up loving it. Every so often, like right now, I remember that I want to read the book but the timing never seems to be right. :lol: