A new first line of current book

Nici

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never did this when I started it.

'From two thousand feet, where Claudette Sanders was taking a flying lesson, the town of Chester's Mill gleamed in the morning light like something freshly made and just set down.' Under The Dome, Stephen King.

I like that opening, the simile creates interesting imagery.

• 2 months later...

It was a rainy afternoon in South Kerry - driving rain reminiscent of the opening credits of a Hollywood action or end-of-the-world movie, when, if given to fantasy, one might have expected a muscular, sinewy and scantily dressed male to power through the deluge with a damp and distressed girl in his arms and a gun in his back pocket.

No Way To Say Goodbye - Anna McPartlin

''So you're all set for money, then?'' the boy named Crow asks in his typical sluggish voice.

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami.

I know he's coming. :friends0:

Shout down the moon by Lisa Tucker.

You'll begin the story, as these stories often begin, like this: "Once upon a time, in a beautiful land far far away, there dwelt some lovely little Fairies."

Through the Faerie Glass by Kenny Klein

• 2 weeks later...

A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct.

Dune by Frank Herbert. This is the second time I've read Dune and I'm enjoying it all the more; I believe this to be a fascinating start to a fascinating book. :irked: