Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate most adverts, they get on my nerves because they totally divert from the point they are trying to make in terms of selling their wares.

I'm going to rant right now and I feel I'm entitled!! That stupid advert for Vanish, you see a woman putting dry clothes inside a washing machine, they are obviously dried again after the wash and she makes a start on ironing them to find a stain on the clothes. Hey presto a team of Vanish people come in, dip her clothes in the water containing Vanish powder and the clothes come out bright and NO STAINS ARE EVIDENT.

However, when I bought the bleeding thing, there was a disclaimer on the small print, it has to be used the minute the clothes are stained, the stains are not allowed to dry out. So what is the stupid point of having adverts showing dried clothes that are used as an example if it doesn't work in 'real' life?!

And why oh why are adverts for cars shown drivers on the left side of the cars, obviously a foreign car driven in foreign places, expensive and exotic ones to boot. What is wrong with using cars on the British side and filmed exclusively in the UK? I'm sure we have many 'exotic' points in the UK that can be used for the adverts, but no.

The only advert that has made me laugh is the one for WKD. Hee hee, brings out the naughty side of me!

Batty

• 2 weeks later...

I like the new Aero advert with the Jackson 5 singing :irked:

I really can't stand the advert the toilet tissue (I think) with the wee boy ordering his mum to his friend's house.:friends0:

I really can't stand the advert the toilet tissue (I think) with the wee boy ordering his mum to his friend's house.:friends0:

I agree I hate that one. But I hope you like the toilet tissue with the labrador puppies (cos I work for that company):irked:

I take objection to the advert for the Brain Training DS game being the ideal present for mother's day....as if we need it:motz: how dare they and hope my kids don't think I need it (even if I think I do....lol)

The chocolate man from the Lynx adverts still haunts my dreams :)

On the plus side, i really love that flavour/style/type whatever you call it, of Lynx spray xD

I take objection to the advert for the Brain Training DS game being the ideal present for mother's day....as if we need it:motz: how dare they and hope my kids don't think I need it (even if I think I do....lol)

Heehee I couldn't agree more but knowing my son thats just the kind of thing he would buy me. :lol:

I agree I hate that one. But I hope you like the toilet tissue with the labrador puppies (cos I work for that company):D

I love the puppies :lol: x