Do you have a specific collection of DVD's?

Colin Jacobs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have collected the following on DVD:

Dark Angel (both seasons)

Alias (all seasons)

Buffy (all seasons in one box)

I have all Angel series on VHS - hopefully I will replace them with DVD.

I'm sure there are more I collect, but my mind's gone blank.

I have the entire collection of Only Fools and Horses - love that series and know some of it word for word !

Also have Babylon 5 - best sci fi series in the whole wide world - series 1-5 plus the movies - The Gathering, In the Beginning, Third Space and River of Souls. Brilliant stuff !

okay, deep breath. Here are the box sets I own:

Law & Order

Law & Order: SVU

Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Homicide: Life on the Streets

NYPD Blue

Boston Legal

Murder One

X Files

Oz

E.R.

The Shield

the Wire

The Sopranos

Six Feet Under

Rescue Me

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sex & The City

Everybody Loves Raymond

King of Queens

Frasier

Seinfeld

Arrested Development

Twin Peaks

Northern Exposure

That's not to mention all the sets I have of tv programmes that only ran for one season.

I also have most films by Jeff Bridges, Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.

I don't tend to watch much on tv, but late at night at the weekend, I like to sit down, veg out and watch some of my favourite tv shows!

I have a lot of collections but I'll just post some of them...

Gilmore Girls

That 70s Show

The Simpsons

Buffy (like Mia, I have them all in one box)

Roswell

I also have boxsets concerning certain actors/directors:

Mel Brooks

Marilyn Monroe

Cary Grant (should be receiving that today)

I'm slowly getting a collection of Disney movies, and my Hitchcock collection is coming along nicely.

We don't really collect anything in particular. When we had videos, I had almost the entire Hitchcock back catalogue, but I never bothered to replace them when we made the shift to DVD. We have ever Dream Theater DVD available (there's another one due out next month which Dale wants as a belated birthday prezzie, so he'll be getting that one too!). I suppose I have all of Eddie Izzard's available live shows on DVD and the complete collection of Blackadder, but that wasn't really a conscious decision to collect them - it just happened that way because we enjoy them. Dale has all the Babylon 5 series and films and we have all of Farscape too, but again, that was just because it's something we enjoyed watching together - we didn't really set out to get them all.

okay, deep breath. Here are the box sets I own:

Law & Order

Law & Order: SVU

Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Homicide: Life on the Streets

NYPD Blue

Boston Legal

Murder One

X Files

Oz

E.R.

The Shield

the Wire

The Sopranos

Six Feet Under

Rescue Me

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sex & The City

Everybody Loves Raymond

King of Queens

Frasier

Seinfeld

Arrested Development

Twin Peaks

Northern Exposure

That's not to mention all the sets I have of tv programmes that only ran for one season.

I also have most films by Jeff Bridges, Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.

I don't tend to watch much on tv, but late at night at the weekend, I like to sit down, veg out and watch some of my favourite tv shows!

some EXCELLENT choices there! nice to see another wire aholic. I have loads of semi-complete things, and complete:

one foot in the grave

this life

peep show

the godfather

goodnight sweetheart

There are a lot of Tv series box sets in this thread. I have Fame the TV series DVD but so far Amazon only has the first series. I wish they would issue the other series,s When I bought "Kids From Fame" the BBC album It was the first one I replaced with CD. the second album "Kids From Fame Again" is not on CD, my favorite tracks are "I was only tying to help" and Alone in a crowd. This LP was much better than the former.

My latest buy was the Lewis series on DVD. I found the TV series too hard to concentrate on as I work Sundays and was too tired to watch it. Now I can enjoy it at my leisure.

Also I hate adverts in TV shows another reason why I buy DVD tv series

some EXCELLENT choices there! nice to see another wire aholic. I have loads of semi-complete things, and complete:

one foot in the grave

this life

peep show

the godfather

goodnight sweetheart

Oh yes, I love The Wire, and I loved Homicide as well, by the same people.

I remember a few years back my mum was quite ill, and One Foot In The Grave was the only thing that made her laugh, so I started watching it. Loved it ever since (and my mum still loves it too)!

The boxsets I have are:

Heroes - Season 1

Phoenix Nights - Series 1 and 2

Supernatural - Season 1

The Might Boosh - Series 1 and 2

Studio Ghibli dvds (I don't have them all yet)

:blush:

Oh yes, I love The Wire, and I loved Homicide as well, by the same people.

I remember a few years back my mum was quite ill, and One Foot In The Grave was the only thing that made her laugh, so I started watching it. Loved it ever since (and my mum still loves it too)!

yes, are you looking forward to David Simons next project? treme i think its called? about new orleans jazz? (he also had a hand in generation kill on hbo at the moment)

I'm very excited about Treme, and have been reading up on it today!

I don't know if you've read the two books he wrote - Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets (which Homicide: LOTS was based on), and The Corner (there was a mini series made of this, which I have at home, and is well worth watching). They are both excellent reads.

I have the first series' of Quantum Leap and The X-Files, Series 1 & 2 of The Mighty Boosh and the first 3 series of Lost. Oh, and series 1-4 of Red Dwarf. I will complete them one day - honest!

Edited by Sedge
Dodgy spelling

I used to have a larger collection of DVDs, but thanks to my lovely downstairs neighbor in my old apt building everything was lost in a fire that was set by his cigarette :blush:

Anyway, as far as collections/series go, I have:

The West Wing (complete 7 seasons)

Psych (season 1)

Freaks & Geeks (only 1 season for this great show)

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (ditto)

Laguna Beach (Season 1 & 2)

I would still love to get the Gilmore Girls complete set, but will have to live with seeing them via Tivo every day. Also, I'm jealous of any of you who said you have Law & Order: CI. I looovvvveee Vincent D'Onofrio.

I'm very excited about Treme, and have been reading up on it today!

I don't know if you've read the two books he wrote - Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets (which Homicide: LOTS was based on), and The Corner (there was a mini series made of this, which I have at home, and is well worth watching). They are both excellent reads.

not yet, alas all new book purchases are on hold till i get a job :blush:

The West Wing (complete 7 seasons)

Great show. I've got these too.

They're working DVDs, they don't just sit in the box looking pretty, they get a good run round every six months or so. I tie an unsuspecting friend to a chair and force them to watch.

Completely agree, Tambo! Although I must say seasons 1-4 get more of a workout since the last 2 weren't as special for me. I still watch all the bonus features and commentaries from every season though. What a great cast!

Completely agree, Tambo! Although I must say seasons 1-4 get more of a workout since the last 2 weren't as special for me. I still watch all the bonus features and commentaries from every season though. What a great cast!

Did you watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip?

They only made one season as it got poor ratings, but I thought it re-created a little of the West Wing magic and is worth a look.

Did you watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip?

They only made one season as it got poor ratings, but I thought it re-created a little of the West Wing magic and is worth a look.

I watched Studio 60, and quite enjoyed it. It was nice to see Matthew Perry play a regular role that wasn't Chandler. Have you ever seen Sports Night? It was made before West Wing, but was an Aaron Sorkin show.