Do you have a specific collection of DVD's?

Colin Jacobs

Kylie, have you seen Chocolat or The Ninth Gate? Johnny Depp is in both of them. Chocolat is absolutely wonderful but be aware of the urge to eat chocolate during watching of the film :) I haven't seen The Ninth Gate, but I think it might suit your fancy because of Johnny Depp and because it's about a literary quest :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of DVD's but they're mostly very different from one another. Any specific 'collections'? Disney. I love Disney's movies, and have a huge amount of them. I also have all the movies of the Marx brothers. And you could argue that I have a George Clooney collection, but that's really more random, as they're movies I like, not movies I'd only watch because Clooney's in them. I'm also catching up on the classics, and have quite few Marilyn Monroe movies. But they're not really a collection, either, again they're for the movie.

Is he a good singer?

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as well. I've seen him in:

Benny and Joon

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Pirates of the Carribbean (1 & 2)

Edward Scissorhands

Don Juan DeMarco

Ed Wood

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Sleepy Hollow

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Finding Neverland

I loved him most in the first 4 (counting Pirates as 1). He's such a versatile actor isn't he? When you watch him as Captain Jack Sparrow, you can't believe it's the same person who played Gilbert Grape or Ichabod Crane.

I haven't seen Sweeney Todd yet because I'm worried it'll be too scary for me :D

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp and I'm aiming to have the complete collection of his movies soon. (Although I won't have Nightmare on Elm Street - too scarey). I love Sweeney Todd and think that Johnny Depp sings quite well in it. His voice suits the film. I would really recommend watching it (if you can get through the gorey bits).

Otherwise, DVDs are my passion as well as books. I have hundreds of films (because I pick them up when they're only a few pound) and a few TV series. My favourites are Buffy, Angel, Sex and the City, Will and Grace, Cold Feet and Commander in Chief.

Is he a good singer?

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as well. I've seen him in:

Benny and Joon

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Pirates of the Carribbean (1 & 2)

Edward Scissorhands

Don Juan DeMarco

Ed Wood

Sleepy Hollow

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Finding Neverland

I loved him most in the first 4 (counting Pirates as 1). He's such a versatile actor isn't he? When you watch him as Captain Jack Sparrow, you can't believe it's the same person who played Gilbert Grape or Ichabod Crane.

I haven't seen Sweeney Todd yet because I'm worried it'll be too scary for me :D

Great movie.

Have you seen donnie brasco? thats a good movie with captain depp in it :blush:

I have 2 of Johnny depp!

Sweeney Todd

Finding Neverland

do you have them?

Oh yes, I do; naturellement :D

I have all the movies that have been listed plus

Arizona Dream

The Libertine

The Brave

The Astronaut's Wife

Blow

Dead Man (one of my favourites!)

From Hell

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Secret Window

The Man who Cried

Sleepy Hollow

Nick of Time

I have the books of Gilbert Grape, Ninth Gate and Don Juan.

Only movies I don't own, through personal choice, are Charlie & The Chocolate Factory and Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3.

Thus, when not reading it's pretty easy to tell what else I'm at :blush:

I haven't seen Depp's movie 'Cry Baby' mentioned, but that's probably a good thing! I remember it came out soon after Edward Scissorhands and I absolutely hated it, lol. Although its John Waters, so what can you say?!

If you like Johnny Depp that much, have you ever watched '21 Jump Street'? It was a TV series way back in the early 90's. I used to watch it very Sunday night on Sky one with my best friend from school. Johnny Depp, yummy!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
benicio del toro wasn't in swimming with sharks he was in "The usual suspects!"

He also played Rex in Swimming With Sharks :blush:.

We have quite a big DVD collection although I have only ever watched a small percentage. Most of them are for the kids and OH. But my biggest personal collection contains all the episodes of Midsomer Murders. Love it!!! :D

He also played Rex in Swimming With Sharks :D.

We have quite a big DVD collection although I have only ever watched a small percentage. Most of them are for the kids and OH. But my biggest personal collection contains all the episodes of Midsomer Murders. Love it!!! :readingtwo:

I just checked my dvd Benicio del toro is in "Swimming with sharks" my mistake!:blush:

I bought Kevin Spacey's new movie today it's called "21" it's great!