Do you have a specific collection of DVD's?

Colin Jacobs

No, I have never seen Sports Night, but I will keep my eye out for it now.

Big Aaron Sorkin fan here, although I wasn't too impressed with Charlie Wilson's

War. It was a decent film, but not really anything outstanding or memorable about it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the lone season for Studio 60 on DVD. It's hard to explain, but it just makes me feel good to watch it. :blush: It has the great Sorkin writing, and for all I care I could watch Bradley Whitford stand still for hours upon end and I would still think he was dreamy, lol. I also liked seeing Matthew Perry in a character other than Chandler. He was in about 3 or 4 WW episodes as well, playing a lawyer (in one of my fave episodes btw, Evidence of Things Not Seen).

I've not watched Sports Night either, but it has been recommended to me by many a WW fan. I think I'll need to rent them soon. Also, wasn't Will Bailey from TWW in it?

I have the same feelings about Charlie Wilson's War, Tambo. Loved parts of it and especially loved Philip Seymour Hoffman's character, but didn't think the film as a whole was anything special. Did any of you see 'The American President?' It seems like I heard that Sorkin modeled TWW after it. Martin Sheen plays the Chief of Staff B) Excellent film!

I watched Studio 60, and quite enjoyed it. It was nice to see Matthew Perry play a regular role that wasn't Chandler. Have you ever seen Sports Night? It was made before West Wing, but was an Aaron Sorkin show.

He has also recently starred in a movie called "numb" where he plays a guy who goes through depersonilization. Tis a very interesting movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795439/

quote that was much more funny to me than it should have been:

Hudson: I watched the golf channel for 23 hours yesterday.

Dr. Townsend: Why golf?

Hudson: I don't know. I find it comforting. It's green. People are whispering.

I have nearly all the movies of Kevin spacey!

As I'm a huge fan of Kevin Spacey

friends

27 dresses

the illusionist

derren brown inside your mind

derrren brown tricks of your mind

six feet under

taggart

rebus

grease

blazing saddles

back to the future

the office

ricky gervais animals

ricky gervais politics

da vinci code

league of gentlemen

walk the line

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478087/ 21 this one of kevin spacey I don't have

Edited by scottishbookworm

Scottish, did you see Spacey in 'Swimming with Sharks?' It's one of my all time favorites! Well, that and 'The Usual Suspects.' Oh! And 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil!' Loved those :blush: I could keep going, LOL.

Scottish, did you see Spacey in 'Swimming with Sharks?' It's one of my all time favorites! Well, that and 'The Usual Suspects.' Oh! And 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil!' Loved those :blush: I could keep going, LOL.

I was just going to post about Swimming with Sharks. It's such a brilliant film! Benicio Del Toro is in it too. I have almost all of his movies.

I was just going to post about Swimming with Sharks. It's such a brilliant film! Benicio Del Toro is in it too. I have almost all of his movies.

Ah, Benicio! I love him :blush:. I would watch him in 'Traffic' every day if I could, lol. There is a movie he was in with Alicia Silverstone called 'Excess Baggage' (very cheesy film, not one of my faves). Have you seen that one Ruth? His character was so cute!

Law and Order: Criminal Intent [a few seasons]

As Time Goes By

Star Trek: The Original Series [on VHS tapes]

First six ST:TOS films

Poirot

The Wong Kar-Wai Collection

One season of Murder She Wrote

The Honeymooners

24 [first 4 seasons]

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

first 6 seasons of Seinfeld

The Connery James Bond and the latest one too

more that I can't think of off the top of my head.....:smile2:

I love all the old movies Scottishbookworm, I don't have a large collection, but the ones I do have are all my favourites. My collection seems to feature quite a few Audrey Hepburn, Sidney Poitier and Alfred Hitchcock films.

A few of my all-time favourites from my collection are:

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Guess who's coming to Dinner

To Sir with Love

The Graduate

Casablanca

One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest

Vertigo and Rebecca

Edited by shelbel

I love all the old movies Scottishbookworm, I don't have a large collection, but the ones I do have are all my favourites. My collection seems to feature quite a few Audrey Hepburn, Sidney Poitier and Alfred Hitchcock films.

A few of my all-time favourites from my collection are:

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Guess who's coming to Dinner

To Sir with Love

The Graduate

Casablanca

One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest

Vertigo and Rebecca

you've got a good collection of movies

My old flatmates fromcollege were collecting all the disney animated movies as well as a bunch of musicals (I think it was all Andrew Lloyd Webbers' and Stephen Sondheim's ones they collected).They had the soundtracks too.

I have the complete set of Ally McBeal, I know, sad single female!! I also have various CSI box sets but the original one set in Vegas is my favorite. Although I do have to admit to having a crush on Gary Sinise(?)who plays Mac in CSI New York. :)

Is he a good singer?

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as well. I've seen him in:

Benny and Joon

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Pirates of the Carribbean (1 & 2)

Edward Scissorhands

Don Juan DeMarco

Ed Wood

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Sleepy Hollow

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Finding Neverland

I loved him most in the first 4 (counting Pirates as 1). He's such a versatile actor isn't he? When you watch him as Captain Jack Sparrow, you can't believe it's the same person who played Gilbert Grape or Ichabod Crane.

I haven't seen Sweeney Todd yet because I'm worried it'll be too scary for me :)