At what time in the day do you read?

I love reading at night but have a problem with falling asleep. In my head I'm not tired (especially if I'm reading a really good book) but my eyes just please themselves. So now I try to read on the bus going to and from uni. But I have a tendency to get travel sick. I just think my body doesn't like me reading :D

I used to reda at the bus stop as I had about 20 min wait between buses but after the bus drove passed me and I had to wait another 20 I gave that up!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to reda at the bus stop as I had about 20 min wait between buses but after the bus drove passed me and I had to wait another 20 I gave that up!

Haha. This sounds like something that would happen to me. I get a bit carried away when I read and it gets to 2 or 3 in the morning and I have to be up at 6. Not good.

I read in the transports to and from work... 2 and a half hours every day which seemed very very long until I started to take a book with me. Now I tend to linger in the train (my stop is at the end of the line) to finish my page/ chapter :D

I also get travel sick if I read in a car or bus though, which sucks when I need to take a long car trip. Luckily I go to work by train and tram.

• 1 month later...

I read all different times of the day. Where ever i can snatch some time. If it's a book i love i take it everywhere with me on the off chance i can read it where i am. My favorite places to read are snuggled up on the couch with a cup of tea and my cat curled up on my lap - or in bed. :):D

I tend to read in the evenings, if I'm just reading for the sake of getting through some chapters.

When I'm on a book I can't put down, I've been known to stay up all night, or skip class during the day just to get through the book as quickly as humanly possible.

I discovered the Twilight series about 4 weeks ago, and sadly, despite the fact that I really think they're poorly written, I love them. I read all four books (1000+ pages) in 3 days. Skipped class, left an essay til the day before it was due, just ploughed through them.

=D

I only read in bed at night or early morning, if I try to read during the day I fall asleep!! Up until 5 years ago I read all of Dean Koontz' novels (horror for those who don't know), but I started having nightmares, so changed to crime/thriller and the nightmares stopped. I still have four of his novels unread on my bookshelf waiting for me to pluck up the courage the read them!!

but I started having nightmares, so changed to crime/thriller and the nightmares stopped.

It's important to choose the right time of day for a book. Some books are best read when it's dark! It adds to the atmosphere. I've never had nightmares about a book though, and i usually have vivid dreams. I don't read what you would class horror and i'm realising, even more, that that's a good idea!!:)

I mainly read in evening/night time, though I do carry a book with me when I go out so if I'm ever sat around with nothing to do I can crack it open for a few minutes. I do prefer quiet, but I can read with the TV on if my BF is watching sports or something else uninteresting to me :D

• 2 weeks later...