At what time in the day do you read?

I read whenever I can - mostly in bed at night but also when having a nice long hot bath though holding up a hard back book can make your arms ache!

I also read when my husband has some sort of sports on the television - though he does insist on giving me a commentry I dont want to hear and then gets annoyed when I dont respond cos I am so engrossed in the book!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only recently been able to claw some time & energy back for reading so my book goes wherever I do! I manage a few pages whilst the kiddies have breakfast...a page on the loo :) sometimes.... I love reading in the bath and always in the evenings/bedtime now. I get an extra chapter a night in at kiddies bedtime too as we're reading 'real books' as my son calls them rather than short stories, so it's not my book as such but I do get to read :tong:

I get too distracted reading outside. I just went and ate lunch by the harbour and then read some of my book but I got worried about all the birds flying around me and over me (you can imagine why!) so I cut it short :).

I get up at 5.00 am and do about an hour on my exercise bike, whilst reading a book. Sometimes, and if it's a particularly good book, I can just keep going for about 100 mins. It's good exercise and good reading time! I also read at lunchtime at work, and when I go to bed at night. I also read in the car (but only if my husband is driving obviously!) I'm pretty proud of myself because during September I managed to read 9 books which for me is A LOT.

I read for 30 mins every night (pretty much) before bed and occasional Saturday/Sunday mornings before OH gets up. I also quite often read for 20 mins in my lunch-hour - so there's usually two books on the go, the bedtime/weekend book and the work-lunchtime book.

• 2 weeks later...

I love reading at night but have a problem with falling asleep. In my head I'm not tired (especially if I'm reading a really good book) but my eyes just please themselves. So now I try to read on the bus going to and from uni. But I have a tendency to get travel sick. I just think my body doesn't like me reading :D

I love reading at night but have a problem with falling asleep. In my head I'm not tired (especially if I'm reading a really good book) but my eyes just please themselves. So now I try to read on the bus going to and from uni. But I have a tendency to get travel sick. I just think my body doesn't like me reading :D

I have the same problems, can`t read when travelling because I get travel sick, can`t read at night because I can`t keep my eyes open!

Now I try to read when I get in from work and early evenings, seems to work. :D