At what time in the day do you read?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i try to read wherever possible and can cut out noise as i read a lot on train to work. But I like to read late on when it's quiet helps you wind down.
welcome to the forum chris, what writers do you like to read? mine I have various tastes in writers from Jackie collins to Ian rankin

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Anywhere, anytime I can! When I still able to work, I took a book with me everyday and spent most of my breaks reading or writing in a journal. (Used to get a lot of strange looks from colleagues about the journal thing though. Many thought far too old fashioned to have diary or journal at my age. :006: Maybe they were just jealous that I found my own life interesting? ;) Sorry, off topic I know.)

When I know I have to wait during an appt. or to pick-up hubby from work, I am always packing a book around. Never, ever get enough reading! Also, I just don't feel normal if I don't end my nights by reading in bed. :D

I read whenever and wherever I can. I always have a book with me and even read while waiting in queues. I am a sales assistant so get to read in between customers but have to stop myself from tutting if they interrupt me during a particularly great chapter.

I sneak in reading where I can!! But I prefer night, in the bath..with bubbles..:006:

That is my weekend treat .... including a bottle of chilled white (and now it is starting to get dark earlier too a few nice candles). My idea of heaven! And everyone in the house, including my two year old, knows not to disturb me ;) Wish I could do that every night :D

I read anytime during the day - particularly when everyone's at work or college and there's no noise. Or when I'm at my boyfriends and he's on his games console :D.

My sister thinks I'm wierd cos I spend my whole bus journey to uni reading, but to me it's an extra hour of reading time and with my i-pod on it means I can block out the annoying kids on the back of the bus.

Lately I mostly read at the weekends. I'm at work from 7:30am unil 6:30pm most days so by the time I cycle home I'm exhausted & manage to eat, spend some time with my other half, then crawl into bed, so reading has to wait until the weekend. However; come 7am on a saturday I can be found in my livingroom deep in my latest read, where I will stay until my OH surfaces (he likes to sleep in at the weekend so I usually get at least 3 hours of reading each morning) & then before I go to sleep on a Friday & Saturday I always read.

I read anytime during the day - particularly when everyone's at work or college and there's no noise. Or when I'm at my boyfriends and he's on his games console :blush:.

My sister thinks I'm wierd cos I spend my whole bus journey to uni reading, but to me it's an extra hour of reading time and with my i-pod on it means I can block out the annoying kids on the back of the bus.

I used to always read on the buses to uni too. Valuable reading time.

I always pack a book when I go to school, so I can read in my spare lessons.

Otherwise I love reading in the garden when the sun is shining. Or I read in the evening instead of watching TV.

When a book grabs my attention I read the whole day (I just go out with my dog on those afternoons).

I mostly read at night as I don't get much opportunity during the day. At lunch I try and get some marking done so i can read a bit more at night lol! However if I am reading a particularly good book I read at lunch. I also sneak in some class reading time with the kids, we are reading Skulduggery Pleasant at the moment and although I have read it before I am enjoying reading it again:) I also read them a lot of picture books and poems, I believe they are never too old for picture books!

I'm also an anytime reader,but like so many others work takes up so much time i sometimes feel cheated when I don't get enough time to read. My friends used kill me cos I always bring at least one book with me when we go away and I keep it in my pocket or rugsack and while they shop I sit anywhere(floors, steps,chairs etc...)and catch up with my mind saving hobby...they've all gotten used to me now and just laugh at me, but they don't know what they're missing!!!!

I read on my way to work and school (bus, train, tram), while having breakfast, during lunchbreak or at dinner (if I'm eating alone), while preparing food (if I have to wait until its cooked), in the evening if nothings interesting on tv, in bed every night until I'm too tired, if the book is really good I continue reading while walking (home from bus station), when I have to wait somewhere (waiting to meet a friend, or waiting for the train)....

I carry a book with me everywhere I go, even two if the first book will be finished soon.

That was during my job training. Now I'm traveling and I can read whenever I want, all day even. I soon start a job in Katherine/Northern Territory as a mango packer, I wonder how much time I will have to read then...