Big Brother 9

Spooncat

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't mean to watch it - then end up watching bits but get ashamed of myself and stop again. Last year however it just got awful especially at the start with the all women house. Hope they don't do anything like that to start with...

But you and I are the very people who make up 'society', are we not?

I'm not deliberately being picky here; I'm just pointing out that many people who justify their watching of BB say, "It won't make any difference," and "Society is set up in such a way that non-entities become celebs."

And yet, we're the very people who give (or not) them publicity. If we withdraw it, they wouldn't be 'famous'.

And no, I won't be watching. :friends0: As usual.

I agree. It was like the death of Diana, when people pilloried and blamed the press for her death, yet those doing the blaming were the ones consuming the tabloid newspapers to read the stories.

And the greatest irony of all, the next act was to photograph her coffin as it went by after the funeral ceremony.

I agree. It was like the death of Diana, when people pilloried and blamed the press for her death, yet those doing the blaming were the ones consuming the tabloid newspapers to read the stories.

And the greatest irony of all, the next act was to photograph her coffin as it went by after the funeral ceremony.

Exactly!

I hate all programs like Big Brother with passion, and I cannot stand them at all. I mean, why would I want to watch trivial people who can do nothing else but to make idiots out of themselves? And before you all attack me that I'm talking about something I don't know anything about, I have been forced to watch few episodes (of the Finnish version) by my friends. So I know. And I think it's programs like this that are ruining the societies and making people even more stupid.

Edited by ii
noticed a serious error. It was meant to be "programs", not "people" who are ruining the societies.

No matter what people read, I feel that the fact that they derive pleasure through reading lifts them above the worst that the worst of poor taste "entertainment" providers foist upon us. I actually feel a little deflated that so many forum members are looking forward to it.