Oops only saw this now!

thelastwatcher33

Welcome to the forum! Do you live in Ireland? My mom's family is Irish and she and my dad are going to Ireland for the first time this fall. All I get to do is house-sit for them.:) And don't give up on Bleak House...it's a great book!

Welcome to the forum! I have Bleak House on my TBR pile and I must admit that the size is a little off-putting, even though I love Dickens' work. I keep choosing his other, (slightly) shorter novels to read first :)

Hello and welcome. Now I'm not the new kid on the block! ::)

I'd echo what others have said about Bleak House. It's well worth pressing on with. I read it in the dim and distant past when I was doing A levels. Admittedly there were those who went into the exam having not even finished the book...but those of us who did finish were postive about it. And I still remember with fondness despite having had to study it..which doesn't always help to improve a book for anyone. Happy reading!

Hello and welcome.

I'm going to add to the many voices that have recommended that you persevere with Bleak House - I love Dickens and that is one of my favourites. It is a long read but parts of it will remain in your memory forever - it's such a great story.

Happy reading

JudyB

• 1 month later...