The Apprentice

LucyD

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised he didn't give it to Claire. I think it came down to personality in the end. He wasn't sure he would get on with her.

I enjoyed the final program. I thought the losing teams advert was really good. I'm glad Helene didn't win though. I thought she was a right pain in the bum!

Well, I was wrong when I said that Alex would win, but right that he wouldn't give the job to Claire!

In my opinion, Sralan just doesn't like women. He did exactly the same thing last year - Kristina was excellent and yet he gave the job to the guy (can't remember his name). He has stated in the media that he's not keen on giving jobs to women in case they go off and have children.

I agree with H&D that Lee's lying on his CV should not have gone unpunished. It bodes ill for his integrity, but then again, as long as he makes a lot of money, I don't think Sralan will be that bothered how he makes it.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, not a good start..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_7484000/7484905.stm

Apprentice Lee McQueen has called in sick on his first day of work for new boss Sir Alan Sugar.

The 30-year-old winner of the BBC's reality show The Apprentice called in sick yesterday, saying he was suffering from a "flu-like virus".

• 8 months later...

Did anyone see the Comic Relief - The Apprentice last night? I think the funniest bit was when Jack Dee said the person who put the chairs in the boardroom should be sacked! :shrug:

Gerald Ratner must surely go?

The new series starts on Wednesday 25 March on BBC1 at 9pm - I can't wait! ;)

Dunno - I'm beginning to think the concept's just about been run into the ground now. There are only so many times you can marvel at the capacity of human beings* to be complete ********s when put in front of a TV camera.

(* or TV show contestants, which I admit may not be the same thing :shrug:)

Did anyone see the Comic Relief - The Apprentice last night? I think the funniest bit was when Jack Dee said the person who put the chairs in the boardroom should be sacked! :shrug:

I agree about Jack Dee. Otherwise I thought that was a pretty bad show. The girls team seemed to split almost instantly and never got back. I loved the boys team though - the way they worked together. I don't know why they revealed who won last night, and then the sacking tonight. Seems like a waste of time to me.

I have never watched the series version although I am going to this time. I watched the finale last year and wished I had watched the full series.

I think the funniest bit was when Jack Dee said the person who put the chairs in the boardroom should be sacked! ;)

I agree! I really liked that bit. :shrug: I enjoyed the whole programme, actually. But I do question why Ratner was leading a team after his track record!

I saw it - I thought it was the weakest Celebrity one so far, and they don't appear to have actually raised any money! Love Jack Dee though. I think Gerald will be fired tonight - he never seemed to really take control of the male team.

The girls didn't work well together at all, did they? Carol Vorderman came over about the best - Patsy Palmer was a horror! She was telling Michelle that she didn't want Michelle to tell her what to do, but then in the boardroom, she complained that she didn't know what she was supposed to be doing. I'm not surprised her husband told her not to walk out - he was probably enjoying the peace at home (although actually I suspect it was more likely her agent who told her to stick it out - walking off a Comic Relief project would not look good).

The new series starts on Wednesday 25 March on BBC1 at 9pm - I can't wait! :smile2:

I thought the boys team was great, looking forward to tonights bit. ;)

I have no time for viewing television, but once, for a couple of days I pressed on an icon that allowed a person to watch a couple of episodes of The Apprentice.

Mon Dieu! I was a shivering wreck. I could not bear it!. So , no more fooling at the computer, just do the work!

I thought the boys would win. I think their product would sell a lot more...apparently the figures which Alan Sugar was quoting about what it would cost to produce the boys toys were way over inflated as well...I don't think he wanted the boys to win.

Dunno - I'm beginning to think the concept's just about been run into the ground now. There are only so many times you can marvel at the capacity of human beings* to be complete ********s when put in front of a TV camera.

(* or TV show contestants, which I admit may not be the same thing :))

I just love watching the tasks though! So funny (most of the time!). :)

Don't like a lot of celebrity based shows but i like the normal Apprentice. I love watching what tasks they're going to have to do and all the arguments and random places they have to visit, and of course the boardroom battles :) Alan Sugar is great, though he does remind me of a fuzzy polar bear.

I missed the sacking on Comic Relief, who got fired?

I don't like reality tv shows but I do like the Apprentice. I love seeing those inflated egos suddenly deflated by Sir Alan.

Kosher chicken anyone?:)