Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have quite a few...

A black cat one, a hello kitty one I cross-stitched, random card pictures I have cut out...

BUT

I am terrible to my books,

I fold the corner usually, I bend the book right back alas bending the spine, and once I have finished reading a book its usually quite in a sorry state - HOWEVER... Thats how I read, and I tend to buy my books second hand anyways as I prefer reading a battered book to begin with... I wont ramble on how I love the smell of books..

Eeep :) x

I have quite a few...

A black cat one, a hello kitty one I cross-stitched, random card pictures I have cut out...

BUT

I am terrible to my books,

I fold the corner usually, I bend the book right back alas bending the spine, and once I have finished reading a book its usually quite in a sorry state - HOWEVER... Thats how I read, and I tend to buy my books second hand anyways as I prefer reading a battered book to begin with... I wont ramble on how I love the smell of books..

Eeep :) x

I'm similar Amy0x the first thing I do when I pick up a new paperback is crack the spine. I don't tend to keep paperbacks, I pass them on or they go to a local charity shop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a absolutely gorgeous bookmark from peacefield (thanks hen! :hug: ) for my birthday, its absolutely beautiful (I will take a picture as soon as possible), it has a cat paws and fish design and lovely ribbons and charms, and it says on the back ~ 'A house is not a home without a cat'. :)

Edited by Weave

I absolutely love bookmarks!

I've got lots of them, too. Especially those magnetic ones are rad.

But my favourite right now is a good old-fashioned non-magnetic one: :wink:

lesezeichen-rebella-eule-30073838.jpeg

That's a lovely bookmark Lisa! :)

I absolutely love bookmarks!

I've got lots of them, too. Especially those magnetic ones are rad.

But my favourite right now is a good old-fashioned non-magnetic one: :wink:

lesezeichen-rebella-eule-30073838.jpeg

That is such a cute bookmark, where did you get from?

Before reading twilight I use to copy my nan and fold the corner of the page, when I got my twilight books, I made a bookmark myself dedicating it to Twilight, and now I'm currently using some cardboard from my amazon parcel.

I got given some lovely bookmarks for Xmas. A beautiful one from Charm. thank you again.

Becuase of my bad reading mojo, I have quite a few books on the go and I have so many bookmarks in so many books. I am actually using my son's Buzzlight year one for the moment.

I have found a Lord of the Rings filmcell bookmark on ebay which I reeeeaaaaaaally want. So I will put that on my Birthday list.

That is such a cute bookmark, where did you get from?

Before reading twilight I use to copy my nan and fold the corner of the page, when I got my twilight books, I made a bookmark myself dedicating it to Twilight, and now I'm currently using some cardboard from my amazon parcel.

I bought it at the bookshop I work at. It's a "Rebella Owl" bookmark.

No clue whether you can get them outside of Austria?

x Lisa

I bought it at the bookshop I work at. It's a "Rebella Owl" bookmark.

No clue whether you can get them outside of Austria?

x Lisa

Thank you, I'll have a snoop on the internet later to see if I can.

I found a couple of 'Rebella' bookmarks at this site in the UK. They're different to Lisa's bookmark, but still very nice. :)

I did look on there, was going to post it for other people when I got round to it, but you done it for me, thanks.

I do like both those bookmarks, I also like the notebook, So I might get the notebook soon.

I got a goregous bookmark from Charm at Christmas, thank you so much :)

As did I. Either we've been very good little girls, Weave, or Charming Santa's been extraordinarily nice and generous :smile2: Thanks Charm! Oh, and I've been meaning to say, I love the bookmarks you got for Christmas, they're really beautiful!

When I learn how to attach a file or two (I've succeeded in doing it before but have had a lot of trouble with it today), I'll post a picture of the bookmark I got from Charm and the one I got from BF's friend.

When my scanner decides to cooperate once more, I have to show you guys the 'vouchers' made by my sister which I've started using as bookmarks. As she has a job and I don't, she tends to treat me to trips / experiences / things for Christmas and birthdays, and as she's very art-y she always crafts beautiful glossy colour postcard-sized vouchers detailing just what my gift includes. They're really pretty and they remind me of a sister who loves me :).

I asked my boyfriend last week if his work can make or do prints on bookmarks and that very same day they was chucking out a load of bookmarks and he kindly got me one, just plane red with a fringe at the bottom, better then using ripped up amazon card board.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a favourite bookmark, which goes from book to book.. or are you like me, and can never lay your hands on one?! I often grab whichever scrap of paper is closer, or sometimes I try to memorise my page number.. and always forget it! :D

I read this and I think of myself. Over the years I have purchased countless Book Marks, but can never find one when needed. So I would grab bits of the toilet paper to Post Its!