Non members, browsing, and security

itsmeagain

This is a mere observation. 

There are usually 200 guests on board here, I wonder why so many never join the forum .

Also, when I look at the details,  many are just scouring member details and profiles. I wonder why..?...Attempts to get personal details maybe..?...

Edited by itsmeagain

I wish I knew what would make that many people join the forum 😅

You don’t need to worry about your personal details though. The forum’s software has good security, which is updated every month.  The only way someone could get your personal information is if you posted it on the public side of the forum, which I know none of you would do 😄.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hayley said:

I wish I knew what would make that many people join the forum 😅

You don’t need to worry about your personal details though. The forum’s software has good security, which is updated every month.  The only way someone could get your personal information is if you posted it on the public side of the forum, which I know none of you would do 😄.  

Yes thanks Hayley. I never felt at risk, more a query about the intentions of certain guests.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, itsmeagain said:

Yes thanks Hayley. I never felt at risk, more a query about the intentions of certain guests.

Oh, that’s good :). Some of the visitors will be people who’ve clicked through from search engines, looking for an answer to a particular thing. Undoubtedly a lot of the guests are just bots though, sadly! 

Edit: oh, and all the people telling me how great the site is and then trying to sell me things through the contact form 😅

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hayley said:

Oh, that’s good :). Some of the visitors will be people who’ve clicked through from search engines, looking for an answer to a particular thing. Undoubtedly a lot of the guests are just bots though, sadly! 

Edit: oh, and all the people telling me how great the site is and then trying to sell me things through the contact form 😅

One thing that has totally puzzled me is, why the ridiculous amount of folk joining, who make an introductory post about ' What book is it where a man goes to China to begin a new life..?', and never write another word on BCF. Thousands..😃 

I agree, lots of pointless posts!  Well done for keeping us safe,  another forum I used to be on was spammed so often that they had to make it a closed group, which meant that no one else could join, which led to an inevitable decline and eventual closure as there were so few members as people who left couldn't be replaced.

• Thanks 1