Poetry recitals / enactments / animations on YouTube

KEV67

The thing I enjoyed most during this Victober was watching the recitals on YouTube. I thought I would post a thread where you could link your favourites. I will start off with this one. John Keats died in 1821, so I did not post it in the Victober thread. It is read by Ben Whishaw, who is a very good actor if you ask me.

Initially I thought it was a poem about sexually transmitted infections. Then I read a comment it was about tuberculosis, which sounds plausible too.

Edited by KEV67
  • Like 1

Here's another favourite of mine.  It's by the punk poet John Cooper Clarke and it contains language than may be offensive to you. It does have a title but (if you listen to it) the title's on the clip and you'll hear the title at the end of the poem. For this reason I'll post it in a link and you can make up your own mind (please note that there is no blasphemy or profanity in this)

John Cooper Clarke 

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2022 at 7:38 AM, lunababymoonchild said:

So I found out. Bought My Heart On My Sleeve e-book

I saw Atilla the Stockbroker tonight. There was some sort of left wing march through town today. I was reflecting that he had not changed much in the 30 years I had first seen him. He is still a very left-wing firebrand. One thing that cheered me is that his new stuff is still good.

• Like 1