Hi!

skysky69

Well, just thought I would pop along and say hi having just joined the forum.

I am 29 (nearly 30:smile2:) and work some funny hours at the moment while our little girl is under school age, I go out as my other half comes in etc. When I get back from work most nights, I am bright as a button and find it difficult to switch off from work and go to sleep - so I read :lol:.

I have in the past, only read a certain genre of books, crime, horror, blood guts and misery. Favourte authors include: Dean Koontz, Stephen King, James Herbert, Shaun Hutson etc. I have recently made a conscious effort to broaden my reading materials. I have just finished reading back to back the complete Harry Potter so feeling at the moment, a bit emotionally drained and despondent that it is all over ;).

Looking forward to discussing books with people and getting some good recommendations.

Hello and welcome to the board.

I have just finished reading back to back the complete Harry Potter so feeling at the moment, a bit emotionally drained and despondent that it is all over.

I'm in the process of doing a complete reread. Just finished book 5.

:lol: to the forum, Sky! I think you'll find quite a few horror and crime fans on here (myself included!), and I also suspect that by this time next year you'll be reading from many different genres and discovering exciting new authors!

Hello, and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find loads of new kinds of books that interest you, at least enough to give them a go, from this forum. I look forward to getting to know you!

Welcome! :lol:

I like a bit of Stephen King myself. I have The Stand and IT on my TBR pile. With all the recommendations you'll be receiving here, I'm sure you'll be branching out into other genres in no time!