Going to church?

KEV67

2 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

A clergyman would know that any woman in this day and age would just have an abortion, imho. You could say that your son was born in a foreign country, which is true, but his mother did not survive the birth. Or that you adopted him in a foreign country.  If you have to say anything at all

I have to do a DNA paternity test. If it is proved I am Adrian's father I have to apply for a paternity order. If not I would have to apply to adopt him. That is if the surrogate signs the release papers. If I have to adopt Adrian I would probably be in the clear as far as my church is concerned. I am pretty sure I am the father. One of his carers says he is a Xerox of me.

I have not been to any of the Orthodox Church services.  However,  I am not very happy with them. They put pressure on the Georgian government to change their surrogacy laws, which may make it more difficult to get Adrian home. There are one or two Anglican or episcopal congregations. I was interested in attending one because the vicar could be a referee for his British citizenship application.  I don't think the vicar or curate is prepared to be a referee or does not think he can. He is happy to baptise him, however. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to find the Anglican congregation again on Sunday. Again I failed. 

I visited a Georgian Orthodox cathedral today. It was a very imposing building.  There were no stain glass windows,  but there were many religious paintings.  They use metal a lot in their pictures. It looks like they use a lot of gold leaf. Must be worth a bob or two.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I have not been to any Orthodox Church services,  but I have poked my head in. They don't have stain glass, but they have a lot of religious paintings. They tend to use metal in their religious art. I am not sure whether it is all silver and gold, but it looks like it. They don't have pews neither. Everybody stands. 

This is one of their cathedrals. I can see it five miles away.

20240129_133846.thumb.jpg.1bd2fdac14cc2e76b3d4dd141d13f3f0.jpg

Edited by KEV67

I attended a Unitarian meeting online a fortnight ago. They seemed pleased with Adrian's birth. The average age of the Unitarians is about 65 by my reckoning. It might be higher than that. The pastor (I am not sure that is position) was intrigued to see a room full of Kazakh surrogate women.

• Like 1