Do you get obsessed with the Author?.....

Angerball - are you saying that I get obsessed with an author. ehmmmm?? These are only the ones that I have thought of :P. I won't mention the ones by Joanne Harris, P.D. James, Ruth Rendall, Peter Ellis (Cadfael series) and Colin Dexter (Inspector Morse) ;)

Jodi Picoult? :D:lol:

Oh yeah, mine are JK Rowling, Michelle Paver, Helen Dunmore and now I want to see more of Michael Crichton :censored:

• 2 months later...
Jodi Picoult? :lol::)

Oh yeah, mine are JK Rowling, Michelle Paver, Helen Dunmore and now I want to see more of Michael Crichton :)

I want to see more of Markus Zusak.

(Sorry Michelle...dragging your site into the gutter again...) :tong:

I'm not obsessed with certain authors...:lol: I just have most of their books on my self and eagerly wait for their releases.:) I wait for the paperbacks to come before I buy them...I'm a uni student, I'm broke 80% of the time.:tong:

The authors I follow are...

Nora Roberts, especially her writing as J.D.Robb

R.K.Rowling (that's the only series that I own in all hardcovers and I even own 'Quidditch Through the Ages' and 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them')

James Rollins

David Hewson (he's recent, I randomly picked up one of his books at the store, turned out it was the third book and had to go back and get the first)

I have all the Harry Potter Books as I am sure most folk have but I have started collecting Lee Child got about half his books now in the Reacher series. Also I am rather fond of Patricia Cornwell so I think I'll start collecting her books and Robert Wilson too I have three of his books.

:) but I am not obssessed :tong:

I have an obsession with and collect the following ~

Roald Dahl Childrens books - have yet to read any of his adult stuff but intend to.

Stuart Macbride ~ One of the few I buy in hardback.

Jodi Picoults ~ I read 2 and then collected her entire back catalogue even paying for some from America. Then after reading the 3rd my interest started to wane, the 4th wasnt nearly as good and although they are very well researched, they all seem a bit formulated. This has resulted in 8 or so unread books on my shelves - that said I have her latest 2 on my wish list :)

My experiance with Jodi Picoult has made me more hesitant. Instead of loving a book and then going on a mission to buy the complete back catalogue, I am more reliant on reviews and recommendations. Obviously I still look for other books by a familiar author, especially if they are in a series but I dont have to own them. I rarely re-read, so having recently rediscovered my local library I can indulge without spending a fortune!

I m a bit obsessed with Ian Rankin, the Rebus novels, the characters are so well rounded I find myself drawn back to find out what happened next in his personal life as much as in the cases. I also have a bit of an obsession with Thomas Harris, again its the character of Hannibal and the way its written that draws me in. J.K Rowling rules too.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you get obsessed with the Author?.....

Most definately! I read one of Barbara Erskine's books and then got every one she had ever written.

Stephen King is another, I am slowly making my way through all his books but I think it will be a few years yet before I have read them all!

Like I said earlier in this thread, I always get Raven Hart and Martina Cole's books, although after being disapointed with Martina Cole's last book I probably wont rush out to get her next one like I usually would.

Esiotrot, Dahl's adult stories are devilishly delicious :readingtwo: Try "The Landlady," first, it's fab.

I love Gerald Durrell's books....I can read them again and again and still get the same amount of pleasure from them. He tells the stories from his childhood with a wonderful mix of nostalgia, humour and wit. The stories from his later life, such as animal collecting in deep jungles and starting his own zew in Jersey are hilarious too.

I am also getting quite into Angela Carter. I've only read "Magic Toyshop," "Night's at the Circus," and parts of "****** Chamber," but I love them. I'm trying to pace myself though, as I don't want to read all her books at once and then have nothing left of hers to read. The same with Daphne DuMaurier.

Do I get obsessed with authors? Sure, if you count rummaging in their waste bins, googling their name 10 times daily, sending them 'friendly letters' and turning up at their house for unannounced visits.....

Joking aside (I'm not a crazy stalker) To be honest, the answer is no. I do often read a few books by the same author, but am usually disappointed that further novels or books are not of the same caliber as the first.

Definately! I am a HUGE fan of Philippa Gregory (author of historical fiction) and have got every one of her books. I have read the complete Anne Boleyn series and am going to start on the books written before (seperate topics).

I am also A HUGE Dickens fan ( bit difficult to stalk him, though ;) although I am going on a London Walk the week end after next and we get to see his residence ;)

Kirstykat

:readingtwo: