Do you ever get stressed by your TBR pile?

~Andrea~

I have soooo many books to read I constantly feel I am fighting a losing battle. I add books to my wish list faster than I can read them so the list keeps growing and growing, not to mention those unexpected books that I buy randomly and impulsively.

Sometimes it takes the fun out of it all :(

Doh! Typo in the title - "Does" should be "Do"

Oh yes - I am up to about 50 and since I have only read 30 this year - thats a good 18 months worth of books to read and of course I pick up more at the library and Hospice shop regularly. I try not to let it stress me - I look upon it as a really good personal selection - also OH, friends and family do borrow and read from mount TBR as well :(

I have lots of books on my shelf, which I tell myself is my back up pile. I often find that I have books coming in that I want to read first, so I couldn't let myself worry about the ones I can't get to!

The funny thing is when I look at them all, and stillcan't find anything I want to read! LOL

The funny thing is when I look at them all, and stillcan't find anything I want to read! LOL

Isn't it funny how that can happen!

I'm often heard to say "oh, I can't buy that - I've got too many on my to read shelf" but I always manage to talk myself into it.

I used to stress about it, but now I've moved my 'to read' pile to a less obvious place so it doesn't bother me so much! :(

The funny thing is when I look at them all, and still can't find anything I want to read! LOL

I know the feeling.

I don't get stressed in fact I'm quite proud of Mt TBR cos they are mine .... all mine :lol:

The Smurthwaite Mount TBR is currently sitting at over 100, but it doesn't stress me at all any more. I know I'll get to them all eventually, and if I change my mind about reading some of them, if my inerests change, I can always pass them on to someone else. I do still often find myself having trouble deciding what to read next though...

Guest fireball

I'm embarrassed bigblush.gif i've lost count on JUST how much there is in my T B R pile.

IT'S HUGE.! whoa.gif

It's an addiction I hope there's no cure. :lol: Stressed by my tbr pile.? NO, never.! ;):D

I sometimes feel stressed about my TBR pile because I know that I won't get around to reading everything. I have to give certain books priority. It sounds weird, but I feel guilty if I don't read a book that I had planned on reading.:lol:

Around the beginning of the year I remember I was feeling quite overwhelmed with my large TBR pile. Then, during the course of the year, I went and bought over 150 more books, and suddenly I'm no longer stressed about it. I think it's because my TBR pile has reached such ridiculous proportions that it's more funny than worrying. It currently stands at 284. At the rate I read, that lot should last me 6 years. :lol:

Around the beginning of the year I remember I was feeling quite overwhelmed with my large TBR pile. Then, during the course of the year, I went and bought over 150 more books, and suddenly I'm no longer stressed about it. I think it's because my TBR pile has reached such ridiculous proportions that it's more funny than worrying. It currently stands at 284. At the rate I read, that lot should last me 6 years. :lol:

OMG is all I can say:lol:

My TBR shelves currently stand around 300 too. I read so much less now as I work full-time, have a part-time job too and also am studying.

I know lots of the books I won't get through, but I like to have choice. I've stopped buying books so often, but will buy maybe one a month so you'd think it'd stop growing - no! I've started going to the library instead. Doh!

The answer to the original question is a big fat YES!!!!!

It sounds weird, but I feel guilty if I don't read a book that I had planned on reading.:lol:

That's exactly how I feel!

The answer to the original question is a big fat YES!!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one (well not glad your stressed but you know what I mean :D)

Around the beginning of the year I remember I was feeling quite overwhelmed with my large TBR pile. Then, during the course of the year, I went and bought over 150 more books, and suddenly I'm no longer stressed about it. I think it's because my TBR pile has reached such ridiculous proportions that it's more funny than worrying. It currently stands at 284. At the rate I read, that lot should last me 6 years. :D

;) Kylie, I love your attitude

Flippin' heck - YES! :lol: In fact, right now I have so many books here to get through that I'm finding it hard to read anything. I'm worst when I finish a book, and have to choose another one to get started on. :motz:Even though I have so many in front of me to read, I still can't resist going to the library to borrow some more. It's silly, but I end up feeling quite guilty and stressed over it. I just can't stop finding new books to read, and I end up neglecting the ones I own. ;):D