What's for Dinner Tonight?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday we went cooking crazy having two sets of guests. For lunch we made our own rolls and served soup (shop bought) In the evening we did homemade meatballs and raita which we had with rice and we made our own naan bread :lol:. The naan bread was surprisingly easy although that was quite a lot of cooking for one day.

Tonight was oven cooked fish and chips :)

I'm making a MASSIVE pot of Rogan Josh. I'll be freezing about 1/2 a dozen portions for other times...

Ok, I'll bite. What in the world is Rogan Josh????

Roast chicken, roast spuds and cabbage - lots of cabbage!:)

I also love cabbage. I have never heard of using horseradish sauce with it though and I also love horseradish. How is the horseradish used.

I also love cabbage. I have never heard of using horseradish sauce with it though and I also love horseradish. How is the horseradish used.

Traditionally horseradish sauce is eaten with roast beef but because I love it so much I like to have it whenever I have cabbage. You just have a spoonful or so on the side of your plate (like you would mustard, apple sauce, ketchup etc.)

Thanks judy. Have you ever eaten pickled eggs (in beets) with horseradish. It is wonderful.

I haven't mainly because I am extremely squeamish about eating eggs - sometimes I can eat them and other times I can't. I do grow horseradish in my garden but have never got any further than storing the root in vinegar.

What in the world is Rogan Josh????

It is an indian lamb curry dish. Right Kell?

I had white rice, 2 fried chicken wing, coleslaw and chilli dipping sauce. It cost me S$2.50 from the store near my place. Kind of on a budget :). That was more than 5 hours ago and I'm hungry again now!!!

Baked Alaskan salmon with cauliflower cheese (which is surely the only way a human being could eat cauliflower ...)

Oh I love cauliflower cheese - popular with my girls too.