What's for Dinner Tonight?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds exactly like my household, Judy! I brought three jars of pickled herrings back from Stockholm, and I'm going to take great delight in eating them in front of the children ... very, very slowly :lol:

Although, to be fair, my son's in his last year at university in Leeds, and since he's been there he's discovered the delights of haddock (albeit covered in batter, but it's a start ...)

That sounds exactly like my household, Judy! I brought three jars of pickled herrings back from Stockholm, and I'm going to take great delight in eating them in front of the children ... very, very slowly :lol:

Enjoy! ;)

My mom took us to the Olive Garden for dinner (don't know if you have these in the UK). I had a small pizza, but only ate two slices. They have amazing breadsticks, so I wolfed down 4 of them before dinner.:lol:

We won't be having dinner tonight as we're having a party, so there'll be lots of finger foods out instead.

Got things like chicken satay sticks, mini spring rolls with hoy sin sauce, mini samosas, tiny feta cheese and basil tarts, miniature mince pies, chips, dips, nuts, sweets and a delicious chocolate cake which I baked last night and decorated with butter frosting and flaked chocolate on top.

I have a very busy day ahead of me, because on top of sorting out that little lot, I also have to roast our turkey and cook the stuffing today, as well as doing all the veg prep ready for tomorrow (our oven only has one shelf, so I can't cook everything on the day, and I like to be able to just stick everything on and be done with it, so all the prep gets done beforehand for stress-free kitchen time - hurrah!).

My guests will be arriving at about 7:30pm and I have to nip out to the shop for a couple of extra items, but other than that, I'm all sorted. I shall be having a well-earned break and a soak in the tub at around 4pm...

For Christmas dinner tonight, my parents cooked their usual: Prime rib, potatoes, brussels sprouts, roasted carrots, and rolls. Last night my mom made her traditional potato soup, so we started with that again tonight, and had her delectable apple pie for dessert.

I think I am going to make Bubble and Squeak with the left over cabbage and potatoes, cold meats and whatever else I can find from yesterday!

hehe, I had to go to Wikipedia to look up and find out what in the world "Bubble and Squeak" was. LOL, who said an old man can't learn anything new. :lol:

We went out to a great diner with one of my boyfriend's ex-stepfathers. It was great, so we've decided to make it a regular thing. I had a grilled cheese sandwich with fries. It was so yummy!:lol: