What's for Dinner Tonight?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had cereal too! But that was for supper (I am allowed I'm pregnant:blush:). We had curry for dinner.

What's the difference between supper and dinner? I've always thought supper is just the slang-term for dinner.

I've forgotten to eat again today, so... maybe some ravioli...

What's the difference between supper and dinner? I've always thought supper is just the slang-term for dinner.

I've forgotten to eat again today, so... maybe some ravioli...

My understanding is that supper is something you have before bed ie. later in the evening whereas dinner (in this context - because I call it tea) is the evening meal.

My gran used to give me supper when I went to stay with her - it was often a biscuit and a drink of milk or a bowl of muesli.

Similar to us - we had roast chicken, roast spuds, roast parsnips, peas and gravy and I brought out the horseradish which I have whenever we have a roast especially when there's cabbage.

I had the quickest dinner as an experiment and it was lovely! (although I may now be stinky!)

- I cooked two minute fresh tagliatelle verde whilst I chopped one tomato and one garlic clove (with some olive oil and a teeny bit of fresh chilli) in my little chopper - I tossed the pasta in a little unsalted butter then tossed in the tomato goop and ate it all up - yum!!!

Now that is a step too far!! Frozen chopped onions !!! She's meant to be a cooking icon - how long does it take to chop an onion....................no wonder this country is becoming deskilled :lol:.

Come on Delia - get your apron out and cook :roll:

Frozen chopped onions, whatever next?:D

We have had vegetable soup the last couple of nights with lots of yummy things in, but I wanted tomatoes and didn't have fresh, so I chucked in a tin:blush:.

OH has gone away so Katie can have the last of the soup and a banana, then when she is in bed I will have the half price frozen lasagne I bought myself as a treat (naughty, but I don't often buy frozen food, it was bought for just such an occasion as OH going away and having something else for Katie). Speaking of which, I had best go and feed the child:)