What's for Dinner Tonight?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a steak and onion pastry, a waffle, kitkat chunky, bottle of lucozade and three mugs of tea. Oh, and a bowl of cornflakes.

Icecream - What's a carvery?

Tonight I'll most likely have something small and unhealthy, like Spaghetti-O's or something.;)

A carvery is a special roast where the chef carves the meat for you in the restaurant. I don't eat meat myself, but we also went out to lunch. We had aubergine and walnut bake with a nice cripsy salad and lots of coleslaw - at the local garden centre while we listened to the rain pattering on the roof.

It is a roast dinner, but the chef carves the meat. There are usually three meats, and you can have them all, or whatever you choose. Then you add whatever potatoes, vegetables, sauces, gravy and whatever other extras there may be. You pay a set price. The one we went to today was

Roast chicken. I invited myself to my Mum's house. I have a chicken too, but I don't see why she should ask my sister and nephews but not me and Katie (sorry that sounds cheeky, but I am her real daughter, and she usually asks us when OH is away). It will be good to see the boys if she decides to some for us, if not, I better put my chicken on.

• 2 weeks later...