Where is your favourite reading place?

Spooncat

I'm sure I've told the story before, but I once lit a book on fire while reading in bath. I leaned over to get my wine glass, and held out the arm holding the book for balance (not that I needed, more a reflex, really) without taking my eyes off the page. I accidentally held the book to the candle nearby, and it caught fire. I screamed, and BF rushes in, thinking I'm being murdered into my own bathtub or at least seen a spider. He finds me sitting in a bathtub full of water, frantically trying to wave the book fast enough to put the fire out, without realising that I'm SITTING IN A BATHTUB FULL OF WATER. He didn't stop laughing for a week.

This made my morning :roll:

I can't read while taking a bath...I'll try it once in a while but I am too worried about dropping the book, plus I'm never able to find a comfortable position.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made my morning :(

I can't read while taking a bath...I'll try it once in a while but I am too worried about dropping the book, plus I'm never able to find a comfortable position.

I'm amazed at the number of people that have posted that they just can't get comfortable and/or worry about dropping the book! I had no idea I was so alone in my love of reading in the bath. :(

Ah well.. I'm in the minority on the wine thing .. I can't read while I'm drinking wine because I have another glass, then get too sleepy and pass out. :roll:

I'm amazed at the number of people that have posted that they just can't get comfortable and/or worry about dropping the book! I had no idea I was so alone in my love of reading in the bath. :(

Ah well.. I'm in the minority on the wine thing .. I can't read while I'm drinking wine because I have another glass, then get too sleepy and pass out. :roll:

I rarely have baths - I have showers instead - and you definitely can't read in the shower! On the rare occasion when I have a bath, I always take a book up with me.

My favourite place to read is in our big comfy armchair, with the reading lamp next to it.

This made my morning :roll:

Glad to entertain. Once, we were just hanging out, BF, Perfect Morning-After Voice and me, and the issue of me reading a lot came up. I think we were in my kitchen and BF found a book other than cookbook there or something.

BF: She reads everywhere, how does she do that?

Perfect Morning-After Voice: true that.

BF: yeah, like while doing chores, at the hairdressers, in the bath...

Perfect Morning-After Voice: Ohh, yeah. *turns to me* Although, I've never seen you read in bath! (he's stayed with me a multitude of times, as have I at his place. We're close friends.)

Me: I don't.

BF: *cracking up* anymore! *uncontrollable laughter*

In all honesty, I still do (I don't light the candles, though!) on occasion but I always take some light chick-lit books, and ones I wouldn't be too distraught to ruin.

:o +:roll:+ :( = :(

I managed to have a nice relaxing bath with a candle and read a couple chapters of my book, till my mum turfed me out because she wanted the bathroom, twas nice :D, don't need another (book bath) for a while, it will suffice me for another couple months till i can attempt it again :eek:

:irked: +:)+ :) = :woohoo:

I managed to have a nice relaxing bath with a candle and read a couple chapters of my book, till my mum turfed me out because she wanted the bathroom, twas nice :D, don't need another (book bath) for a while, it will suffice me for another couple months till i can attempt it again :boogie:

oooooh I'm jealous! I miss my bathtub so much while we're out of the country.. While I was home for a month in December, I took about 3 baths a day so I could get my fill before time to come back.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to find some quiet abandoned area outside, I'm going to go wondering up this hill near a bunch of trees, tomorrow. I've never bothered to look before.

I know it's a bit weird, but my favourite place to read is on a train.

When I read at home, I'm constantly thinking of other things I shouldbe doing - like cleaning or studying. On a train, there's nothing else I could be doing so I can just relax and enjoy my book.

Does that make any sense?

I know it's a bit weird, but my favourite place to read is on a train.

When I read at home, I'm constantly thinking of other things I shouldbe doing - like cleaning or studying. On a train, there's nothing else I could be doing so I can just relax and enjoy my book.

Does that make any sense?

Totally makes sense - although I don't take the train much, when I do get the chance I love to read on the train. I'm always the one driving in the car, so the only journeys where I can read are on the train, and it's guilt free reading time, because you can't do anything else!

:lol: sadly not quite - reading 'the book of lost things' altho i was at a bit where there was loups (werewolves) so horrorish

oh well werewolves are horror in my book! The Book of Lost Things sounds quite good, I might add it to my wishlist :blush:

I mainly read at home, either on my bed or on my sofa (or the chair with me feet up on the big ol' ottoman). I don't find myself on public transportation much (train/bus/plane) and I since I can't really read as a passenger in a moving car without getting car sick I probably wouldn't be able to read on a train anyway even if given the chance :blush:. Other than that, I'll read at Starbucks or at the library if I'm doing genealogical research stuff.