Where is your favourite reading place?

Spooncat

I never read in the bath - I wouldn't want to splash my books! Besides which, when I bathe I do so to wash; it's just in - clean - out - dry - get dressed.

I usually loaf on the settee or in bed. Pyjamas are the perfect reading outfit.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's go into business making and selling HEATED BEANBAGS. :cry2:

Someone beat you to it, I am afraid. My granny has these already they are about size of a hardback book and you heat them in the microwave.

A large one - big enough to snuggle down and read a book on - would be absolute bliss. You now just need to think of a way to heat it! :blush:

Someone beat you to it, I am afraid. My granny has these already they are about size of a hardback book and you heat them in the microwave.

A large one - big enough to snuggle down and read a book on - would be absolute bliss. You now just need to think of a way to heat it! :cry2:

How about something like this? :blush:

• 9 months later...
In my warm bed :lol:

I got the cutest little wooden sign for Christmas that says 'Book lovers never go to bed alone'. :) I have it propped up on a shelf in my library, but I want to find a nice place to hang it.

My bed usually - I can get peace in my room. I would love to set up a reading area near my window but I'm not getting too far on that idea.

I also like reclining on our sofa with a blanket and hot chocolate when everyone is out and I can read without any distraction :).

Can't say I'm too fond of reading outside, my garden's a big no go area - especially with my neighbours and their noisy kids :lol:.

I love to read on the sofa in the living room, preferably without the TV. If the book is really engrossing it doesnt matter what goes on around me, I dont get distracted but if the book is just ok I need to have peace and quiet. :lol:

I often read in bed at night too but find it really awkward with H/B books (nothing like dozing off and getting hit in the face with a bloody great big brick of a book as you lose the power to hold it to scare the bejeysus outta ya!), plus my hands get really cold holding the book out of the covers!!:)

I also keep my book with me and would grab ten mins reading if I'm early to pick up the kids from school etc. isnt that often mind you! Usually I'm late :)

Charm, I'm the same. I love reading on the sofa. I don't usually mind if the TV is on, it only bothers me when the TV is more interesting than the book and then I get distracted.

Haha, I do read in bed a lot but I get frustrated too easily and I can never get comfortable, especially with hardbacks! That doesn't stop me though :)

One place I can't read is the beach. Actually, saying that, I struggle outside wherever I am. I don't know why though :lol: