Where is your favourite reading place?

Spooncat

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not a silly question bright eyes- you may be surprised at the answers you get!!!! the most productive time for me to read is when i'm held hostage on the nyc subway-i find there are too many distractions at home and i can't really concentrate - carm

• 1 month later...

I learned today that I can walk and read at the same time. I even went up a flight of stairs! I kind of freaked myself out with that. And several professors!

During my free periods at school (about 13 hours a week) I sneak up to the library and find myself a quiet corner by the window. Apart from that, I read in my bed depending on how tired I am or how good the book is. Sometimes I could stay up unitl 3AM or so but other times I could just nod off instantly.

The only time I've ever been tempted to read and walk at the same time was when I was reading The Beach - I just couldn't tear myself away from it! Even on the shortest bus/tube journey, I'd open it up again for a few more pages.

These days I am usually pushing along a buggy with my youngest daughter in whenever I walk anywhere - I think I'd be breaking all sorts of health and safety advice if I tried reading at the same time too!

My favourite place to read... Good question. Do like the candle-lit bath option (especially with accompanying glass of wine) but at the moment, I'd say curled up on the sofa with a blanket like a.book.in.the.life. Mmmmm...

The only time I've ever been tempted to read and walk at the same time was when I was reading The Beach - I just couldn't tear myself away from it! Even on the shortest bus/tube journey, I'd open it up again for a few more pages.

Oh I know what you mean. One of my favourites, a fantastic read. I really got absorbed into that world.

I always take a book when I go to the doctors or for any other appointment where you are guaranteed to be left waiting :)

Me too. I had the dentist yesterday so I went armed with my book, put lots of time on the car parking ticket and of course because I was so prepared they saw me early! :readingtwo:

I always take a book when I go to the doctors or for any other appointment where you are guaranteed to be left waiting :readingtwo:

I often find that when you're prepared for the down-time and have something to occupy you with, there isn't any! And when you leave the book/whatever home, thinking you won't need it anyways, you find yourself waiting for something for half an hour, staring at the walls and counting badly dressed people that walk by. It's the whole umbrella-thing all over again.

I mainly read in bed, but long train journeys are ideal to get stuck into a good book. I always take a book when I go to the doctors or for any other appointment where you are guaranteed to be left waiting :roll:

Me too. I had the dentist yesterday so I went armed with my book, put lots of time on the car parking ticket and of course because I was so prepared they saw me early! :lol:

I often find that when you're prepared for the down-time and have something to occupy you with, there isn't any! And when you leave the book/whatever home, thinking you won't need it anyways, you find yourself waiting for something for half an hour, staring at the walls and counting badly dressed people that walk by. It's the whole umbrella-thing all over again.

Exactly the case ii. When I go to the doctors, or something like that I am always occupied by Katie, as I was when we spent a couple of hours i hospital with her a few weeks ago and I only got a couple of pages read. Yesterday OH took me out for a driving lesson but neglected to tell me he was going to a few banks in town first! I would have taken my book if I had known.

I could come up with loads of these examples. It is part of the reason I am not reading well at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite place to read is outside on a chair in the morning when there's a thunder storm or it's raining (under the verandah of course). And there can't be sunshine... it needs to be a cool, grey morning. I just find that relaxing... weird, i know ;)...

But as there aren't all that many thunder storms (:D), i usually read in bed. gah!