Which Dan Brown Book is Best?

Kell

Which Dan Brown book did you enjoy the most?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dan Brown book did you enjoy the most?

• Angels & Demons
    • The Da Vinci Code
    • Digital Fortress
    • Deception Point

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends what you're looking for in a book to be honest. I enjoyed the weaving of fact and fiction in Da Vinci code but i understand why folks prefer Angels and Demons.

It seemed to me that A&D was heavily influenced by too many Indiana Jones movies and every twist seemed a little familiar but i had read it very soon after Da Vinci. Also i had watched a film called National treasure a week prior and although i'm sure the film took it's ideas from the book, with it being the former that i had watched before A&D it made the book very familiar. Perhaps if my reading choice was reversed i would feel a little different, but either way both are good and i like a little religious contraversy. The difference between my preference is negligible.

I haven't read Digital Fortress Kell and would appreciate it greatly if you would give a brief outline of the book before i look into it. I have so many others on my list that i feel a little overwhelmed. :) :read: :paper: :read: :read: :paper: :read: :read: :(

I posted a review on my blog about it after reading it last October, which you can find here: http://undermindbooks.blogspot.com/2005/10/digital-fortress-by-dan-brown.html

It gives an idea of what to expect but doesn't reveal any plot points, so I hope you'll find it useful. :(

Thanks for that. Now i have yet another book on my list lol. I can deal with another Victor Victoria (or whatever it is he calls this one) it's the codes i like. It's a lazy crossword, you can have a stab at it but you don't feel pressured cause you know you'll find out in the end and it's not cheating. :(

I've nearly finished reading Angels & Demons and I'm really enjoying it now. About halfway through I was flagging, I very nearly gave up on it but I'm glad I persevered now as there's so much happening.

This is the only Dan Brown book I've read, not sure if I'll read any more.

I think it would make a great film too, the character Robert Langdon is sooooooooo like my favourite character of Indiana Jones. :)

Carole

:(

• 2 years later...

I really enjoyed Angels and Demons, and thought it was much better than The Da Vinci Code. I don`t know whether that was because it was the first Dan Brown book I read, but I just didn`t feel the others were quite as gripping.

Angels and Demons for sure, flows much better than the second Langdon one. I was really captivated by the plot of Deception Point though.

Angels and Demons wins it for me, although I did enjoy Digital Fortress. The Davinci Code was good, but over-rated. Deception Point I haven't read yet.

Edited by Ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have only read Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons as the others never really appealed to me (even though I do have them waiting to be read), but as another poster said, I prefer the religious ones.

I love the mysteries in both of them and find they do keep me hooked, it's just Angels and Demons had that something extra to it.

I enjoyed Angels & Demons most. I read this, fortuitously, just before The Da Vinci Code came out. I was absolutely hooked on Dan Brown by this point, so went and bought Digital Fortress and Deception Point on the strength of these. I shouldn't have read them one after another though (breaking my rule of 'page-turning thriller' followed by a more 'worthy' novel) and consequently found the other two a bit too formulaic for me - you know, clever hero sets out to unravel a mystery and meets a beautiful, intelligent woman along the way with whom he get's it on. Ho hum. I probably would have liked them more if I'd given myself a break from him, eh? :irked:

I loved both Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code, but I do lean slightly more towards A&D. I really, really loved the locations talked about in this book, and the whole conclave topic was very interesting to me.

Angels and Demons was my favourite. I thought that the locations and subject matter were really interesting. I also found it slightly more believable than the Da Vinci Code if that makes any sense? I think that I may have liked the Da Vinci Code more than I did if it didn't have all of the hype surrounding it, although I did still enjoy it.

Edited by Kimmy619

I'm surprised people seem to like Digital Fortress more than Deception Point, i would say DP is probably my second favourite, i like the plot.