Your Top 10 TV Shows!

Kylie

It's hilarious. I haven't watched the past couple seasons, but I loved the early ones. Abed is one of my favorite TV characters all-time.

Some people didn't enjoy the past couple of seasons (I did, though), but I think the most recent season has been particularly good. The season finale in particular was awesome. I really hope it gets renewed for another season!

I've just recently started watching The Good Wife from the beginning. Before that I had watched it on and off. I love it now! :D

Me too! What a coincidence. :D I'd seen a few episodes here and there and enjoyed them, but I couldn't work out the overall storyline (like, her husband always seemed to be campaigning—I always thought it was for one thing, but now I realise there were different campaigns). Late last year I finally sat down and binge-watched all of the seasons until I was up to date. :)

Some people didn't enjoy the past couple of seasons (I did, though), but I think the most recent season has been particularly good. The season finale in particular was awesome. I really hope it gets renewed for another season!

Me too! What a coincidence. :D I'd seen a few episodes here and there and enjoyed them, but I couldn't work out the overall storyline (like, her husband always seemed to be campaigning—I always thought it was for one thing, but now I realise there were different campaigns). Late last year I finally sat down and binge-watched all of the seasons until I was up to date. :)

Maybe I'll give them a chance. I stopped because people told me it wasn't good, so I just figured it wasn't going to be worth my time anymore. 

Yeah I was the same way. And I was always confused about who was cheating on who and I had seen reruns combined with current ones so I was confused with what happened to her job. It was a mess. I just decided to watch from the beginning. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'll give them a chance. I stopped because people told me it wasn't good, so I just figured it wasn't going to be worth my time anymore. 

I hope you do! The worst episodes of Community are still great (IMO). :) And as I said, it gets even better.

Finding it hard to think of something British to make my top 10

1. Frasier

2. Dallas

3. Columbo

4. Friends

5. Criminal Minds

6.The Waltons

7.Would I lie to you?

8.Ally McBeal

9. Sex and the City

10. Portrait Artist of the Year

• 3 months later...

1. Seinfeld

2. Fawlty Towers

3. Twin Peaks

4. Game of Thrones

5. Dallas

6. 'Allo 'Allo!

7. Soap

8. Frasier

9. Father Ted

10. Married... with children

Honorable mentions:

Homeland

That 70s show

Family guy

X-files

Mad men

Millennium

Police squad

New adventures of old Christine

Veep

Chicago hope

Scrubs

Big bang theory

Modern family

etc

Actually on reflection I'd like to swap LA Law for the X Files!

Honourable mentions to:

Person of Interest

Ripper Street

Sleepy Hollow

LA Law (see above)

Cagney and Lacey

True Detective (the first series)

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

Will and Grace

Star Trek (original series)

Various 1970s/1980s shows eg Happy Days, Miami Vice etc, although I think some of them will look very dated now.

Edited by Madeleine

I guess I missed this thread when it was first posted, oops!  Here goes...

1. Spaced (abso-freaking-lutely my fave show of all time!)

2. The West Wing

3. Seinfeld

4. Game of Thrones

5. The Twilight Zone

6. Big Bang Theory

7. Gilmore Girls

8. Freaks & Geeks

9. M*A*S*H

10. Bones

Ones I have to mention from my younger years that I loved and even though I haven't seen them in ages I just can't forget them!

11. Dukes of Hazzard

12. Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

13. Family Ties

14. Dr. Shrinker 

15. Facts of Life

P.S. I also currently watch Sleepy Hollow, Elementary, Silicon Valley, Orphan Black and Downton Abbey.  While they might not be in my top 10 of all time I still love them very much! :D

P.P.S. Frankie, I haven't heard 'Soap' mentioned in years! :lol:  That was one of two shows my parents didn't allow me to watch when I was young.  The other was 'Three's Company.'  The humor was apparently too adult for my young ears...

The original Danish/Swedish version I hope!  :smile:   Can't wait for season 3 - starts next month on BBC 4 :exc:

Yes the original (although I did quite like The Tunnel, which was the UK/French version).

Oh joy, can't wait either, thanks for that news!

Yes the original (although I did quite like The Tunnel, which was the UK/French version).

I started watching The Tunnel but must admit I didn't get far with it - I couldn't stop myself comparing Clémence Poésy to Sofia Helin, and the former just didn't match up for me.  Although I get that she probably wasn't trying to :shrug:

I started watching The Tunnel but must admit I didn't get far with it - I couldn't stop myself comparing Clémence Poésy to Sofia Helin, and the former just didn't match up for me.  Although I get that she probably wasn't trying to :shrug:

No she wasn't a patch on Saga.  I did like Stephen Dillane though.

P.P.S. Frankie, I haven't heard 'Soap' mentioned in years! :lol:  That was one of two shows my parents didn't allow me to watch when I was young.  The other was 'Three's Company.'  The humor was apparently too adult for my young ears...

:lol: How old were you when it was on TV and it was DENIED from you? :D  I think it was sometime during the 90's that I watched it on TV: it was a re-run of course. Mom told me that she used to watch it when it first aired. The show was hilarious  :D I used to tape the episodes and I would watch them over and over again... I really miss my VHS tapes :wub: Some day I'm going to buy the DVDs!! So have you ever watched the show, later in life when you got older? Were your parents fans of the show? 

Soap was sheer genius  at the time cos there had never been anything like it.  And some of what it did was extremely brave.

Yep, it was quite out there... :D On a whole other level! I used to have such a huge crush on Jodie :wub: And the first time I saw Billy Crystal play someone else, I felt so mad and cheated! He was the embodiment of Jodie and my teenage self wasn't having any of his other roles :blush::rolleyes::D I still haven't forgiven him and I try to avoid anything that includes Billy Crystal. :blush: 

Confused? You won't be, after this episode of... SOAP! Tittidi-ti-di-tidididi.... :lol: 

:lol: How old were you when it was on TV and it was DENIED from you? :D  I think it was sometime during the 90's that I watched it on TV: it was a re-run of course. Mom told me that she used to watch it when it first aired. The show was hilarious   :D I used to tape the episodes and I would watch them over and over again... I really miss my VHS tapes :wub: Some day I'm going to buy the DVDs!! So have you ever watched the show, later in life when you got older? Were your parents fans of the show? 

Well, I was only about 5 when it started airing so I must've attempted to watch reruns later on when I was 13 or 14 but the parents vetoed that idea.  They were from an older generation and I think that once the other 4 kids moved out they had more time to monitor what I was doing! :lol:  I haven't watched it since but I should try and hunt some episodes down on YouTube or something.  I seemed to remember my folks watching a lot of M*A*S*H, All in the Family, Good Times and Johnny Carson.  And it's funny because now, my mom will watch anything and she's almost 80!  She loves the Sopranos and watches True Blood and Game of Thrones with me.  I think my dad would have just shaken his head at me if he were still alive, ha!

I haven't seen a lot of Billy Crystal movies, but I loved him in Princess Bride :).