Chaliepud's Reading in 2015.

chaliepud

The guy with the truck would need to be big and strong too .. sounds like perfect boyfriend material to me! ;)  :giggle2:

You are free to pass on my phone number should you ever come across one of those ^ :giggle2: 

I wonder what your M&S will be like, you must report and let us know, it sounds like one of the mini food ones? They must sell Percy Pigs, jelly sweets shaped into pig heads, Maddie adores them and they have quite a following over here. Their fresh produce is lovely and in summer they sometimes sell the hugest strawberries, so sweet and juicy!  

I don't think it's only a food one... I asked someone about it but I can't remember what they said. I will have to conduct my own investigation :D Will report back! I'll see if they have Percy Pigs :D 

I suppose I'll find out today about my boys.. if I can't drag them off the dance floor or their phones, I suspect it'll be the latter! 

:lol: I remember when we were kids and went to weddings, we didn't have phones to entertain us... We had to come up with our own entertainment. I remember singing (or rather shouting) the song O Sole Mio with my cousin at some summer wedding, in a more remote room, for our own amusement. It was the room that was kept cold and as it was a very hot summer's day, a lot of elderly women were there in the room, sitting on the benches, and I bet they wondered what was a worse fate: going out where everything was quiet but hot, or staying in where one could be more comfortable but the kids were noisy :giggle2: 

This is my old bookcase, that I dismantled and rebuilt in the dining room.. excuse Obi photo bombing! This bookcase has my favourite read books and some of mine and the kids non-fiction. 

This is my new bookcase, I love it, the wood is so solid and the colour is deep and warm. The middle three shelves are my TBR's, the top shelf is Steves and the bottom is mainly made up of my dog books. 

Good old Obi :lol: :lol: I love it when dogs do photo bombing :D What beautiful bookcases :wub:  But I see there's still room for at least 2 dozen books :giggle2: :giggle2: You  must fix that ASAP!! 

I love it that you have a specific section for doggy books :smile2: I do, too. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally forgot about M&S!! :( I went in the building, but I heard that the different sections are in all different places in that building and there's no specific area or floor that is dedicated to M&S :( There might be other perks to me forgetting about going in, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow or later this week. Yes, it's a mystery, but it will all be revealed at a later point. Fingers crossed!! :smile2: 

I hope you had / are having a great time at the wedding! :smile2: 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, I haven't! :D (It's just that because you haven't commented in the thread, I was wondering if you'd take part in the group read... I swear, my intentions are not to pester you :blush: :giggle:)

Edit: Seems like I've also somehow missed your post in the actual thread!!  :doh:   :thud::blush: In my defence, I just wanted to make sure you'd know about the group read  because I know you've been wanting to read the book :smile2: 

Edited by frankie

Oh dear, I haven't! :D (It's just that because you haven't commented in the thread, I was wondering if you'd take part in the group read... I swear, my intentions are not to pester you :blush: :giggle:)

Edit: Seems like I've also somehow missed your post in the actual thread!! :doh::thud::blush: In my defence, I just wanted to make sure you'd know about the group read because I know you've been wanting to read the book :smile2:

Thanks Sari, it was all the excitement of a group read, it went to your head! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Not too much reading being done at the moment as life is so busy for various reasons, good but busy. I did manage a bit of book buying yesterday, courtesy of the £20 book voucher I won on the photo competition here on BCF. (BTW I keep seeing a car locally with BCF on its numberplate!) :)

I bought...

We Never Asked for Wings by Vanessa Diffenbaugh - I loved The Language of Flowers and this new book was released yesterday, I started it last night and it's fab already! :)

The Museum of Things Left Behind by Seni Glaister, a new author for me but I was drawn to it by the fantastic cover! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Museum-Things-Left-Behind-x/dp/0008118957/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441966286&sr=8-1&keywords=the+museum+of+things+left+behind

Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper, this is a Waterstone's Book Club recommendation, with another cute cover! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Etta-Otto-Russell-James-Hooper/dp/0241003342/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441966370&sr=8-1&keywords=etta+and+otto+and+russell+and+james

Lucky Us by Amy Bloom, this has mixed reviews but appealed to me so will have to wait and see how it goes.

I aso managed to pick up two books from the hospice charity shop for £1 each..

Miss Garnet's Angel by Salley Vickers (my Mum was with me and recommended this, one of the only books she has ever read twice!)

The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell - this buy was inspired by my recent home decluttering!

Speaking of decluttering, I read a fantastic non-fiction book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo, I would highly recommend this to anyone who struggles to keep their house tidy, is a low or high grade hoarder, struggles to part with stuff, however useless it may be, just in case it comes in useful 'one day'. I started my 'kondoing' last month and my home is looking sooooo much better, I have got rid of 9 bin bags of junk, 8 bin bags to the charity shop, 4 bags of books! Everything has a place and it is so much easier to find things! :)

Cool to see that licence plate :).

I hope you enjoy your new books :friends0:.

Well done on the decluttering!

Thanks Gaia! :)

Wheeee I'm so glad you had fun spending your voucher! :)

It was great fun, I've been so good lately and the books fit perfectly into spaces on my TBR shelves. :)

Also, today has seen the arrival of The Truth According To Us by Annie Barrows, a book I won via another competition on here a few weeks ago, happy days! :) :) :)