Frankie reads 2015

frankie

I can probably start tomorrow … I've got a couple of hours left in my current book, so I'm hoping to get a chunk read tonight, and then even if I don't finish it today, I'll finish it in my lunch break tomorrow, so can start MT in the evening.  Gosh, this is jolly exciting! :exc:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can probably start tomorrow … I've got a couple of hours left in my current book, so I'm hoping to get a chunk read tonight, and then even if I don't finish it today, I'll finish it in my lunch break tomorrow, so can start MT in the evening.  Gosh, this is jolly exciting! :exc:

Hehe I just posted in your thread :D Okay, we can start tomorrow! :D I'm so excited, that it's actually feeling a bit silly :D I really like my copy even though it's a new one. The paper's good, the spacing's good, everything's good!! :smile2: (It didn't come with sausages and cheesecake, though :(

This is brilliant news!  :exc:

I'm excited about Malory Towers - never read them before. And now it's snowing (quite heavily) here, so I will have reading time tomorrow!    :cold::readingtwo:

German Shepherds are on my list of 'dogs wot I'm scared of'  :blush2: Any dog that could feasibly eat me comes under that list though  :blush2: 

Yes ... the owners don't want him to nibble so you have to be strict. This is all excellent practice  :smile: 

Awww  :empathy:    You probably wouldn't have liked walking Moses! Dogs can be quick and they can seem unpredictable and they can be unpreditable, and of course it's down to the owner and how they raise their dogs. Bad owners make for not great doggies and bad experiences with those can lead to not being a fan! :(  I promise that if and when I get a dog and you come and visit me, I won't have him/her around when you're with me, like Putin does with Merkel (knowing fully well that Merkel is scared of dogs!!) :no:

He really liked to nibble me :D And he humped my leg a few times. Had to shove him off, really :D 

*snort* :giggle2: .... :D ... :rolol: (sorry to laugh frankie :giggle:  , it's not  nice being humped by a dog..... :blush2: )

*snort* :giggle2: .... :D ... :rolol: (sorry to laugh frankie :giggle:  , it's not  nice being humped by a dog..... :blush2: )

He was a lazy humper so it wasn't that bad :D I've had more aggressive humps in my life.... :giggle2::D :D And when I shoved him off he didn't insist on trying again. Well, not after a couple of times :lol: 

He was a lazy humper so it wasn't that bad :DI've had more aggressive humps in my life.... :giggle2::D :D And when I shoved him off he didn't insist on trying again. Well, not after a couple of times :lol:

Oh, that's a put down line that I must remember!!   :rolol:  

Awww  :empathy:    You probably wouldn't have liked walking Moses! Dogs can be quick and they can seem unpredictable and they can be unpreditable, and of course it's down to the owner and how they raise their dogs. Bad owners make for not great doggies and bad experiences with those can lead to not being a fan! :(  I promise that if and when I get a dog and you come and visit me, I won't have him/her around when you're with me, like Putin does with Merkel (knowing fully well that Merkel is scared of dogs!!) :no:

Very kind and noble of you :hug: I'm okay with most dogs though so I'm sure I'd be fine with your dawg :blush2: Naughty Putin!  :mad:  

Aw, Poppyshake, that is such a cute photo of you!

Frankie, so great that you found a skating rink and bookshop! Remember when we went ice-skating? :D Can't wait to hear what the bookshop is like!

Very kind and noble of you :hug: I'm okay with most dogs though so I'm sure I'd be fine with your dawg :blush2: Naughty Putin!  :mad:  

Well I'd sure try and train my dogs to be good dogs :D For the good of guests but also myself, and them :D 

Aw, Poppyshake, that is such a cute photo of you!

Frankie, so great that you found a skating rink and bookshop! Remember when we went ice-skating? :D Can't wait to hear what the bookshop is like!

The skating rink was a great find, because it's so close! There are no lights there, though :D And I don't think I saw a bench to sit on to change from shoes to skates... I hope they have one, I don't want to be sitting down on the ground. Might not be able to get up what with skates! 

Of course I remember you and me ice-skating! :D It was so much fun! And you were a good skater! I thought you'd be all wobbly and down-falley because you said beforehand that you weren't that good and you painted such grim a picture of your skills... I was blown away when I saw you go! :) 

I don't know if I should ever enter the secondhand bookshop... I might end up spending my doggy walk money on books :D 

#5. Landline by Rainbow Rowell

Book coverGeorgie McCool knows her marriage is in trouble. That it’s been in trouble for a long time. She still loves her husband, Neal, and Neal still loves her, deeply—but that almost seems beside the point now. Maybe that was always beside the point.

Two days before they’re supposed to visit Neal’s family in Omaha for Christmas, Georgie tells Neal that she can’t go. She’s a TV writer, and something’s come up on her show; she has to stay in Los Angeles. She knows that Neal will be upset with her—Neal is always a little upset with Georgie—but she doesn’t expect to him to pack up the kids and go without her.

When her husband and the kids leave for the airport, Georgie wonders if she’s finally done it. If she’s ruined everything.

That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It’s not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she’s been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts. . . .

Is that what she’s supposed to do?Or would Georgie and Neal be better off if their marriage never happened?

Thoughts: Having read and loved Attachments and Fangirl by Rowell, I had high hopes and expectations for this novel, too. And I did start it by reading the first 80-100 pages in one sitting and liking it, but I have to say, for the first time with a Rowell book, I didn't really feel any big emotions for the characters. Any of them. And at some point, the idea of the novel just didn't sit well with me anymore. Having said that, I started the book days and days ago and after starting it I've had a few pretty major distractions and maybe that's what happened, and came in between me and the novel. 

If you like Rowell's books, do not take my word for it, but read the book for yourself. I'm more than willing to believe others will like it better than I did. :)

3/5

Edited by frankie

I went to run some errands, one of them being taking a bag full of clothes to a charity shop. As I wasn't in too much of a hurry, I decided to take a look at their book selection. I found a copy of Possession by A. S. Byatt for 1,50e. I couldn't leave it behind. 

I remember when I was living with Kylie and we visited this 'book barn' and I bought a copy of the book there. But as I had quite a few books to bring with me back to Finland, I left the book at Kylie's. I've been dreaming about this very special edition of it but it's really pricey and there's no sense in buying it when I don't even know if I'll like the book. So I got this one. Even though it's a movie tie-in. I had to get it! 

Note: Some emoticons removed.

Yes .. I can say proudly that I have worn a muff! Might have been the one and only time but still Look at my natty outift .. red it was apparently .. I look like something from another world!!

Awwww! So cute! 

I'm not opposed to modern technology as such (not much, anyways), but I do like to go old school if and when it's still possible But maybe someone else will want to do it the way you described)

I totally understand :).

What's even more, is that when I was trying to find the right apartment building, I found a secondhand bookshop Oh dear! This might be a bad, bad thing...!

This is exciting but might also be a bad thing, at the same time :):P.

It's a shame you didn't like Landline as much as Attachments and Fangirl :(. I have Landline pre-ordered so will be reading it once it's out in the edition I ordered and I've received it. I might read Eleanor & Park before then, though, as the release is set for I believe summer somewhere and I already own E&P so I might read it before the summer.

I went to run some errands, one of them being taking a bag full of clothes to a charity shop. As I wasn't in too much of a hurry, I decided to take a look at their book selection. I found a copy of Possession by A. S. Byatt for 1,50e. I couldn't leave it behind.

I hope you enjoy it :)!

I remember when I was living with Kylie and we visited this 'book barn' and I bought a copy of the book there. But as I had quite a few books to bring with me back to Finland, I left the book at Kylie's. I've been dreaming about this very special edition of it but it's really pricey and there's no sense in buying it when I don't even know if I'll like the book. So I got this one. Even though it's a movie tie-in. I had to get it! 

This is one of the books I'm fearful of in the jar! But I'm also curious about it and so wouldn't actually mind too much if it was chosen. I didn't know there had been a movie  :blush2: Bargain anyway .. well done!  :smile: 

Sorry you didn't enjoy Landline as much as Rowell's other books .. very frustrating but that's the way it goes in book land. I mean first there was Sense and Sensibility followed by Pride and Prejudice but then came Mansfield Park!!  :o  :D  ;) 

Sorry you didn't enjoy Landline as much as Rowell's other books .. very frustrating but that's the way it goes in book land. I mean first there was Sense and Sensibility followed by Pride and Prejudice but then came Mansfield Park!!  :o  :D  ;) 

Careful missy, don't start criticising Mansfield Park or you and I are going to be having serious words tomorrow  :theboss:

Okay well that escalated quickly :D Sorry chesil, I'm with Kay :blush: Not a fan of Mansfield Park! 

Will come back to other stuff later, I really must get to bed now. Going to wake up early tomorrow to go for walkies with Moses again :D