What's Up in October? - 2014

Athena

Wow! That could prove quite expensive :blush: What do you give them Muggles?  Halloween has only really started to take off in the last few years here, but as we live in the country, we don't see anyone.

We give them packets of M&M's. Actually we enjoy seeing the kids all dressed up in different costumes and them yelling "Trick or Treat". Most  of the kids are accompanied by their parents who wait on the street while the kids go to the doors. One of our neighbors has two little girls and the mom brought them to out door as the mom herself was dressed as a witch. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair, the few trick-or-treaters we did get were all young kids dressed up in the spirit of things and it's nice to see. I don't necessarily agree with the principle of it, but don't mind answering the door to those that made an effort at least.

We give them packets of M&M's. Actually we enjoy seeing the kids all dressed up in different costumes and them yelling "Trick or Treat". Most  of the kids are accompanied by their parents who wait on the street while the kids go to the doors. One of our neighbors has two little girls and the mom brought them to out door as the mom herself was dressed as a witch. :)

I bet you and your wife's place is their favourite 'trick or treat' stop. :D What do kids do for 'tricks'?  Last year, some kids from a nearby town went round pulling the fuses out of people's meter boxes when they didn't give them anything. A lot of them were elderly folk who probably didn't even know about Halloween and they had no power until it was discovered what had happened. And my daughter-in-law said the kids where she lives throw eggs at people's houses. I think your kids may be a lot better behaved that some of ours Muggle :(

I bet you and your wife's place is their favourite 'trick or treat' stop. :D What do kids do for 'tricks'?  Last year, some kids from a nearby town went round pulling the fuses out of people's meter boxes when they didn't give them anything. A lot of them were elderly folk who probably didn't even know about Halloween and they had no power until it was discovered what had happened. And my daughter-in-law said the kids where she lives throw eggs at people's houses. I think your kids may be a lot better behaved that some of ours Muggle :(

The kids in the U.S. would never, never, think of doing those things. :angel_not:

Last summer a little girl across the street told her mother that she wanted to go and visit Mr. Ed (me). The mother told me that the little girl was all out of M&M's. :)