What's Up in October? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it more normal headaches or migraine headaches you've got, Athena?

These headaches feel different from the ones I've had in the past. The ones in the past were I think normal headaches. I don't know about these new ones, they feel different and I felt nauteous too (I read that could be one of the symptoms of a migraine). My aunt gets a lot of migraines and headaches, the doctors have tested her for many things but they never found anything that caused it. So I don't know yet, maybe I can talk with her about it. I hope the headaches will go away and not come back any time soon, but we'll have to wait and see. This morning it was better than yesterday morning and the morning before, so that's hopeful.

Work, work and more work! Trying to make sure I set aside some time today for some reading :readingtwo:  as I think next week looks a bit bleak for book time … even lunch hours probably won't be available. :(  It's only a week though, and after that it should improve. On the plus side, I've been out for coffee (and toast :D), finished my shopping, and managed to sneak in an hours reading already today, so looking promising for a few hours of peace and quiet this afternoon instead. :D

Work, work and more work! Trying to make sure I set aside some time today for some reading :readingtwo:  as I think next week looks a bit bleak for book time … even lunch hours probably won't be available. :(  It's only a week though, and after that it should improve. On the plus side, I've been out for coffee (and toast :D), finished my shopping, and managed to sneak in an hours reading already today, so looking promising for a few hours of peace and quiet this afternoon instead. :D

I hope you have some time for reading today and after next week :).

We went to the supermarket and we got a free 'breakfast' :exc:, it was a thing they're doing this weekend between 8 and 12 in the morning but they had lots leftover so :).

Sounds like migraines. I suffered with them for a year straight. Ugh... Certain foods, smells and sounds would trigger them and I would be down. Once I got one while at work. Luckily I was working at a Hilton Resort hotel and was able to stay in a room til it went away. Nasty things. Hope you get better soon! And yaaay on the free breakfast!!

The kids are with mommy this weekend so I am going to pretend I'm a grown up and do "grown up things." What that is, I have NO idea! Its a gorgeous day and I have done all my housework so life is looking good :D . First things first, MUST have my cuppa!

Sounds like migraines. I suffered with them for a year straight. Ugh... Certain foods, smells and sounds would trigger them and I would be down. Once I got one while at work. Luckily I was working at a Hilton Resort hotel and was able to stay in a room til it went away. Nasty things. Hope you get better soon! And yaaay on the free breakfast!!

The kids are with mommy this weekend so I am going to pretend I'm a grown up and do "grown up things." What that is, I have NO idea! Its a gorgeous day and I have done all my housework so life is looking good :D . First things first, MUST have my cuppa!

I'm sorry for you suffering them :(.

I hope you have fun this weekend :)!

Sounds a bit like migraine, I agree. Mom suffers from migraine now and then. When she gets them, she feels nausea too and sometimes have to throw up. But she has excellent pills for migraine. Non-prescription pills. Works if she takes them as soon as she feels a migraine coming on. Not if she waits too long. 

I haven't spent much time on here of late, as there have been some personal issues that needed to take priority. Coran has been going through a lot of stuff whereby rage from the past has been coming up to be dealt with, which has been difficult to say the least for both of us. Her Doctor has though suggested a course in Mindfulness and knowing how the universe always conspires to help, there is one starting near to where we live later this week. Knowing how her stuff so closely mirrors my own, and also having issues of my own to deal with, we have therefore both signed up.

In the meantime, some issues at work have now come to a head. It's a long story that I won't go into here, as it would fill ten pages, but it is time for action rather than head in sand, which is what I have been doing. The situation has been brewing for a long time and needs now to be dealt with head on. A letter then has been written to HR with a copy to my own Manager (a wonderful man who is incredibly supportive and switched on and I know will 100 percent support me) which will be given to both of them first thing tomorrow, requesting a meeting between myself and the culprit in order to iron things out. I am feeling very clear headed about the whole thing, as I know what I need to do and only hope that I can remain in the right space in order to deal with it.

October!! it may be my favorite month of the year.

The leaves are changing and the morning air is crisp and feels good.

There is College football on Saturdays and NFL football on Sundays.

Baseball is playing the World Series.

Dale Earnhardt, Jr (my 2nd favorite driver) won the Nascar race at Martinsville today in what may have been the best race of the year as the season is coming to a close. My favorite driver (Jeff Gordon) finished in second.

And tomorrow, I drive up into Virginia and get apples at the orchard.

Edited by muggle not

I haven't spent much time on here of late, as there have been some personal issues that needed to take priority. Coran has been going through a lot of stuff whereby rage from the past has been coming up to be dealt with, which has been difficult to say the least for both of us. Her Doctor has though suggested a course in Mindfulness and knowing how the universe always conspires to help, there is one starting near to where we live later this week. Knowing how her stuff so closely mirrors my own, and also having issues of my own to deal with, we have therefore both signed up.

In the meantime, some issues at work have now come to a head. It's a long story that I won't go into here, as it would fill ten pages, but it is time for action rather than head in sand, which is what I have been doing. The situation has been brewing for a long time and needs now to be dealt with head on. A letter then has been written to HR with a copy to my own Manager (a wonderful man who is incredibly supportive and switched on and I know will 100 percent support me) which will be given to both of them first thing tomorrow, requesting a meeting between myself and the culprit in order to iron things out. I am feeling very clear headed about the whole thing, as I know what I need to do and only hope that I can remain in the right space in order to deal with it.

Good luck dealing with both situations!

I've just had my birthday on Saturday and had a lot of fun. I'm very tired though from it so I hope to rest a bit in the next week (minus the appointments I have to go to and such).

Thanks for the good wishes. He's doing well. We should be able to go home tomorrow!

This is great news :). I hope he gets well soon ("beterschap" as we say in Dutch).

I have a health appointment today and a bloodtest tomorrow, bleh x 2. But then after that, this weekend is the book fair, which is exciting.

Good luck dealing with both situations!

I've just had my birthday on Saturday and had a lot of fun. I'm very tired though from it so I hope to rest a bit in the next week (minus the appointments I have to go to and such).

Happy belated birthday.

Both situations are well in hand. The Mindfulness course starts tomorrow which we are both looking forward to. I have been practising all week and it has certainly helped the other situation, which is also well in hand. There seems to be a real difference with how I am handling it this time around, as I am so much more aware since leaving the last place and can see exactly what is going on and what needs to be done. Both my own Manager and HR agree, which makes one hell of a difference. I have to though wait for things to take their course as always, which is no bad thing, as it gives me more time to practise that Mindfulness.     

Happy belated birthday.

Both situations are well in hand. The Mindfulness course starts tomorrow which we are both looking forward to. I have been practising all week and it has certainly helped the other situation, which is also well in hand. There seems to be a real difference with how I am handling it this time around, as I am so much more aware since leaving the last place and can see exactly what is going on and what needs to be done. Both my own Manager and HR agree, which makes one hell of a difference. I have to though wait for things to take their course as always, which is no bad thing, as it gives me more time to practise that Mindfulness.

I'm glad the situations are going allright :).

I'm very tired now after going for the blood test this morning. We had to wait for an hour though (on an empty stomach), much longer than I had anticipated. Gladly it all went allright and it's over now.

Since yesterday I have a 'cyst' on my wrist. My mum (she's a doctor) has told me it's harmless and should go away on its own soon. I can't help but to be a bit worried though, it hurts a bit too. I didn't know much about cysts, my mum thinks I might've overused my wrist but I don't remember doing more wiht it than I usually do. I just hope it goes down again soon.

Since yesterday I have a 'cyst' on my wrist. My mum (she's a doctor) has told me it's harmless and should go away on its own soon. I can't help but to be a bit worried though, it hurts a bit too. I didn't know much about cysts, my mum thinks I might've overused my wrist but I don't remember doing more wiht it than I usually do. I just hope it goes down again soon.

Since your Mom is a doctor, I'm sure she knows what she's talking about and it's harmless and will go away. So try not to worry about it.  :empathy:  Maybe you've been on the computer too much? Do you use a mouse or are you on laptop? Or have you been writing?

Since your Mom is a doctor, I'm sure she knows what she's talking about and it's harmless and will go away. So try not to worry about it.  :empathy:  Maybe you've been on the computer too much? Do you use a mouse or are you on laptop? Or have you been writing?

Thanks :). I haven't been more on the computer than a few weeks ago, I think. I hardly use the laptop though I used it briefly a few days ago. I haven't been doing much physical writing other than making lists and noting down whenever I finish a book (but I didn't do these things more than I usually do). I've celebrated my birthday so I spent most time talking with people, cooking and resting (lying on bed or on the sofa). So I can't really explain it (maybe the computer..?), but oh well. The pain seems to be a bit less today, which is good :). It feels the same size though, maybe it needs more time.

The thatched roof people fixing our roof won't be able to finish it today so after today they'll be back next week. I feel bad for the dogs because they aren't allowed outside much unless the times when I take them on a leash. Not much to do about it though, hopefully they'll finish up soon so after that the dogs can go outside.

One of our cockrels died yesterday, which was really sad :(.

I went to the book fair yesterday, which was a lot of fun. This weekend I plan to mainly rest because I'm still tired from my birthday last weekend and all the appointments I had etc.

Tonight was Halloween "Trick or Treating" in our neighborhood. We had approximately 60 kids come to our door between 6:00pm and 8:00pm. All of them were very polite. One group of 3 little kids were leaving and one girl said to the others...."she was nice" (meaning my wife. :)

Tonight was Halloween "Trick or Treating" in our neighborhood. We had approximately 60 kids come to our door between 6:00pm and 8:00pm. All of them were very polite. One group of 3 little kids were leaving and one girl said to the others...."she was nice" (meaning my wife. :)

Blimey muggles, 60?! I think we had perhaps a handful, and that was more than enough. Can't imagine living in a neighbourhood where it's that common (although of course it's much different over in the US to here).

Wow! That could prove quite expensive :blush: What do you give them Muggles?  Halloween has only really started to take off in the last few years here, but as we live in the country, we don't see anyone.