What's Up in May?

Athena

Yuck, lower back went out again Monday evening.  I will learn to wear the back brace when moving stuff around. 

Some better, with an adjustment from chiropractor, and ice, lots of ice on it.  Have to baby it for a while.  grrrrr!

Gentle hugs Pont, hope it's way better soon ....I so feel your pain :(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muggle Not!  Now we're talking fires NOT bears? I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with your GD's internship! :o I may insist on you bringing her home! :P I hope she stays safe, from all potential *gulp* situations.

Feel better soon Pontalba. :friends0:

Yuck, lower back went out again Monday evening.  I will learn to wear the back brace when moving stuff around. 

Some better, with an adjustment from chiropractor, and ice, lots of ice on it.  Have to baby it for a while.  grrrrr!

I hope you feel better soon Kate :friends0:, it sounds painful.

A bit of a last minute day off due to an irritating errand that needed doing, but on the plus side, have already been to the shops and had a coffee and a read, plus have a visit to the library later, and will go and see my Dad too.  Hoping the rain will hold off for the weekend, but even if it doesn't, I've got plenty of good books to read (and probably some bad ones too!)  :D

Have also had a trawl through my wish list and culled a lot of books that have been there for ages and not tempted me since adding, so it's now down to a slightly more reasonable 216 books (although that still excludes any books on my various reading challenges list.  :o 

Edited by chesilbeach

Thanks guys. Improvement is slow, but definite. Another chiropractor visit today.

It has been steadily raining and thundery for almost three days now. And hurricane season starts on June 1st. Oy. I guess the weather gods are giving us a preview. :roll:

Congrats, emelee!  :cool:

muggle!   Keep us up on GDs progress. :)

Hope the back improves soon.  Bad backs are really troublesome.

Gentle hugs Pont, hope it's way better soon ....I so feel your pain :(

You probably feel the pain in the pelvis. :)

God I am glad this week is over - it has been a hell of a week for both of us, during which we found that one of our best friends has cancer, and also that Coran's divorce certificate from 18 years ago had not been signed or dated, so that the Registry Office where we are getting married in August would not accept it. We both wondered whether this meant that she was actually still married, but thankfully not. The solicitor who dealt with the divorce only keeps records for 15 years, so they sent her back to the court that issued it, and finally after about 3 days of trying Coran got through to them this morning and they issued 5 signed and dated copies. Normally the Registry Office needs the original, but in this case they will thankfully make an exception, provided we show them the original as well. What a tangled web !  

Thanks, muggle.  :)  I went for another adjustment this morning, and really do feel better.  Still very tender, but sooooooo much better!

June!  What a nightmare.  But a good ending.  Thankfully. :cool:

Indeed - although not for our friend, who is one of our oldest and dearest. She has surgery on Monday. She only had her diagnosis on Wednesday, so it must be very serious indeed for them to act this quickly.  

We are seeing my sister though this morning who according to her care team has also not been well of late and are going to tell her the good news and ask her to be a witness. We couldn't think of any better way of showing that that we want her in our lives and want her to be included. Hopefully then this will cheer her up a bit.  The other witness will be Corans sister.

I hope your friend's operation sorts it all out for her. :smile:

My parent's celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary (Diamond) this week. Me and my two sisters bought them (and ourselves) lunch at a hotel they love to visit. It was a lunch of laughter and lots of longevity jokes (including my Dad's favourite that he would have served less time for murder! :giggle2: ).

Today 25 of us (daughters, partners grandchildren and cousins) are gathering for a posh tea. I can't remember the last time I had to find two dressy outfits to wear in the same week. And today as I'm not driving I will actually be wearing (low) heels! :o

Should be fun. :smile:

June, I hope everything turns out allright for your friend. It sounds like a legal hassle with the certificate but I'm glad it's sorted now.

Chrissy, I wish you a lot of fun :)!

My parents are back from their holiday so we're kind of catching up today (and of course a bit yesterday). It's good to see them again and talk with them.

Edited by Athena

I hope your friend's operation sorts it all out for her. :smile:

My parent's celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary (Diamond) this week. Me and my two sisters bought them (and ourselves) lunch at a hotel they love to visit. It was a lunch of laughter and lots of longevity jokes (including my Dad's favourite that he would have served less time for murder! :giggle2: ).

Today 25 of us (daughters, partners grandchildren and cousins) are gathering for a posh tea. I can't remember the last time I had to find two dressy outfits to wear in the same week. And today as I'm not driving I will actually be wearing (low) heels! :o

Congratulations on your parents Anniversary. Quite an accomplishment.

That must have been some tea with 25 attending, sounds like it would be lots of fun to all get together.

Last day of May, where is the year going?

Today I am mostly invested in investigating the correlation between my book and my wireless signal, as it would appear every time I put my book down and try to use my laptop, the internet dies, but as soon as I give up waiting for it to come back, and pick up the book again, the internet springs back to life.

I think the law of physics that applies here goes by the name of Murphy's. :giggle2:

Been MIA for a few days. I've been putting in lots of hours at work. I haven't been able to spend lots of time with my grands so I took them out with me today. I took them out and about today. Our oldest and our number 3 share the same birthday and although I got number 3's gift off in the mail, I hadn't been able to pick up a gift for number one. Here's a lesson I learned but completely forgot...NEVER take a bunch of kids with the birthday kid to pick out a birthday gift. Iended up getting three other toys to keep them from raising cane in the store.

Here's a funny. After picking up the items I needed to purchase. I got to the checkout line and went to pull out my credit card. Imagine my embarrassment and frustration when I realized I had left it at home on myt dresser. UGH! I had to call the hubby to meet me so I could use his card. There was NO way I was going to be able to leave Walmart without those toys!

I took the littles to the farmers market and bought some honey that my history professor sells. He has several hives and has won all kinds of awards in the state. Its really good and also good for number one's allergies.

Now I'm home with the kiddos and relaxing. They'll hang out here to til this evening then home they go. The littles are having lots of fun with their new toys!

Hope you have the loveliest time Chrissy :hug: And mind how you go in those shoes!! :giggle2:

Thank you for all the good wishes toward my afternoon. :smile: We had a great time, with tea, coffee laughter and conversation flowing freely.

My nephew's girlfriend had the wonderful idea of having a pencil drawing of a bare tree created, upon which we each pressed a thumbprint in yellow, red, green or orange ink. The finished tree looked wonderful, and for a retired gardener and his tree hugging wife this was an ideal joint gift. My parents were delighted with their afternoon.

My feet were killing me as I spent far too long on my feet and not enough time sitting with a cuppa, but I have been home for a while now and am in my slippers and comfy trousers. Not long before we drag ourselves up to bed. Being social is really tiring! :giggle2: