Reintroduction

Nollaig

*Tiptoes back in the door of the BCF*

Hey all, remember me? :lurker:

I haven't been around much in the last year or so - longer, really - largely due to my job and the immense strain I was under with stress and anxiety. That lead to me stepping down as a Moderator due to my lack of focus and I felt guilty at letting the Mod team down by being so absent. As it also killed my reading mojo, it lead me to coming here less and less frequently because I felt like I was falling behind.

My contract ended in December, so I'm officially unemployed again, and I'm working on focusing on hobbies and the things I used to love doing before anxiety killed my motiviation for anything except escaping my life and occasionally the country! So, I'm back, for a fresh start - no TBR pile, no Wishlist, I'm starting from the ground up. And I'm hoping to get as involved as I used to be in the community - I'd love to get back into reviewing, and maybe doing author interviews and so on. But let's start small - I need to find some books to read! I have missed this place.

So to anyone who hasn't met me before, hello! My name is Nollaig, you can call me Noll.

And to anyone who has, I hope you'll take me back :flowers2:

Edited by Nollaig

I'm still  new here, but welcome back!  I have had several issues with depression and anxiety that have kept me from the things I love.  I'm glad you are feeling- at least somewhat- better.  Looking forward to seeing you around.

Hi Noll, lovely to meet you! Call me Laura. :)

I was in the same position as you last year - hellish job, no time for myself, stress, anxiety, depression . . . And even though unemployment can seem terrible, it does have its upsides, like letting you get back in touch with yourself and the things you enjoy. I was out of work for 7 months after my contract ended (I finally started a new job last week), and yet I was just so grateful that I didn't have to work in that particular job any more. I got to spend more time with my husband and family, read LOADS of books, started writing a book of my own, acquired two kittens . . . and I found I appreciated life more for having gone through such a hard time and come out (finally) laughing on the other side.

I hope you find a more enjoyable job soon (I'm sure you will), but until then, I hope you enjoy every minute of your new-found 'me' time. Happy new year! :D

Hey Noll, all I can do is echo what others have said: it's great to have you back, and you've been sorely missed. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and general lack of motivation for life - we've all been there, and it's not a nice place. I hope that you rediscover your enthusiasm and that BCF helps to get you back on your feet. I look forward to hearing from you, both in reading and in general. :friends0:

Thanks everyone, so much welcoming haha I wasn't expecting that! Still lovely to see more familiar faces, and hello to everyone new! I promise I'm not all doom and gloom, and I regularly provide cookies :JC_cookies: I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone around the board!

As for YOU Janet........!     :hug: Hugs!

I suspect tissues may be required for the final episode of Sherlock.

Welcome back Noll!! (Does a little happy dance)

I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you.  I'm pretty sure everyone has been in a similar situation at some point, so we can all sympathise.

What's going to be your first read then? (and I bet it won't take long to build up that wish list ;) )