The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you still don't know what to expect!?

I expect a baby will come eventually :giggle2:

Lol :giggle2:! It might be strange, I definitely don't want to get pregnant and have a child or children myself, but I'm quite interested in reading about it or watching a film about it. Maybe that's weird, I don't know :shrug:. I like reading (or watching) about lives different from my own (and also about lives similar to my own).

Yesterday we watched Porco Rosso. I've seen it several times before, but unfortunately this new Blu-ray we bought doesn't do English audio with English subtitles. It's either English audio without subtitles or Japanese with English subtitles. So we watched it with English audio but it was a bit more tiring for me as I can't anticipate as much what I'm going to be hearing next. It's a great film, I really enjoyed seeing it again. The DVD we have does have English audio with English subtitles so perhaps next time we'll watch that instead, I don't know.

Edited by Athena

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Second viewing for me, after watching it in the cinema earlier this year.  I enjoyed it more this time around, the bits with Legolas didn't seem as pointless as last time and it was less of a chase movie than I remembered.  It's still a slightly awkward middle act though (it's no Two Towers) but I'm looking forward to seeing how it fits into the overall story.

Roll on December . . .

Went to see Godzilla at the cinema last weekend - it was pretty good without being mind-blowing.

Finally managed to find a day both me and my friend were free and yesterday (she's my main cinema buddy) but didn't find my inspiration in the listings, however, we went to see Maleficent.  I didn't have high hopes, but came out pleasantly surprised, although I really didn't like the score which lowered my enjoyment, while my friend had higher expectations and didn't like it as much as she'd hoped!  Perhaps it pays not to know too much before you go to see a film after all. :D

however, we went to see Maleficent.  I didn't have high hopes, but came out pleasantly surprised, although I really didn't like the score which lowered my enjoyment, while my friend had higher expectations and didn't like it as much as she'd hoped!  Perhaps it pays not to know too much before you go to see a film after all. :D

We have been waiting forever for this movie!  My mom loves Angelina Jolie and Maleficent is her favorite Disney villain.  I loved how they did the story, the ending and the make up, costumes, Angelina, etc.  I loved it.  But that's just me :D Glad you liked it! 

I am starting to agree with you about seeing movies you don't know much about though.  I've been fairly disappointed by the movies I've seen this year (looking at you JACK RYAN) but I already was plently prepared for them.  Maze Runner is the next movie I want to see and I'm not sure I should read the book first, as that has killed a lot of movies for me this year (looking at you DIVERGENT!)  Anyway, rambling...

Edited by Anna Begins

I posted about this over on the "looking forward to" thread, but forgot to post here.  We saw the new Godzilla last week.  Loved it!  They go back to the roots on this one, and I thought they did a great job.  We saw it in 3D, but I was not impressed with that aspect.  Wasted, IMO.