The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

I went to see The Love Punch yesterday. It was a fun film to watch - not to be taken seriously and a nice comedy to watch over the holidays. I always love Emma Thompsons acting. :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched You've Got Mail yesterday, for the fourth time, I think. I don't even like the movie that much, and I'm no fan of Meg Ryan, but I still find myself watching it every now and then. It's gotta be the books and bookstores, and Tom Hanks. And Brinkley!

Mission Impossible 4. I think I've seen the first one before, but I can't remember it. I've skipped straight to the fourth one because it's taking up valuable space on my hard drive and I want to delete it. It's an OK movie—typical far-fletched action flick. It's almost worth keeping just for Simon Pegg though. :)

Mission Impossible 2 (< I'm always behind the times! :giggle2: )

I thought I had seen it way back, but moments in realised I hadn't. It passed a couple of hours with improbable stunts and scenes. You know what you are going to get with a film like this, and it didn't disappoint. :smile:

I watched You've Got Mail yesterday, for the fourth time, I think. I don't even like the movie that much, and I'm no fan of Meg Ryan, but I still find myself watching it every now and then. It's gotta be the books and bookstores, and Tom Hanks. And Brinkley!

Tom Hanks plays an early internet stalker.  It really is quite disturbing if you stop and think about how he behaves . . .

x

I quite like that film, one of the best things about it is the books and bookstores imo!

We watched Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted which was better than I remembered. Otherwise I haven't watched much else because I've been feeling too tired.

Spider-Man

A good start to the series, but looking a little dated now (mostly because of the CGI).

Spider-Man 2

Best of the three, Doc Ock makes a much better villain than the Green Goblin.  Still one of the best super-hero movies made.

Spider-Man 3

For the first hour or so it trundles on fairly well, but then the wheels well and truly come off the wagon.  Actually slightly depressing watching after the other two . . .

Tom Hanks plays an early internet stalker.  It really is quite disturbing if you stop and think about how he behaves . . .

I don't choose to see it that way.

I just watched Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. I should move into a bigger apartment building.

Iron Man 3

I do like Ben Kingsley in this, very funny.

[Rant Mode on] Man, I can't bring myself to watch any of those comic book films anymore, Iron Man, SpiderMan, Superman, Batman, Hulk, Thor, The Avengers- it's all Hollywood seems to churn out over and over and all originally just comic books written for children. The few I have ended up seeing I have regretted afterwards as wasted hours. Where has all the originality and imagination gone?   [Rant off]

Edited by vodkafan

I don't think many comic books are written just with children in mind these days, that all changed when The Dark Knight appeared (the Frank Miller comic book, not the film) but I'm kind of in two minds about all the superhero films that are being pumped out at the moment myself.

Part of me thinks it is a bit much, but on the other hand the Marvel films (mainly meaning the Avengers ones), the recent Batman films and Man of Steel have all been pretty enjoyable so far (I'm also looking forward to seeing the new X-Men film next month). 

I think superhero films work best when they have a positive message about the hero in question; a figure to inspire and encourage; whether that is the obvious as in Superman; the tortured as in Spider-man or being what is needed, as in Batman in The Dark Knight (film).  I think a lot of these characters act as positive role models for children, but I think they also they serve as reminders that we can be better people as adults as well.

And, hell, they are all kinds of cool and stuff gets smashed as well, so I think they are far from being a waste of time!

All of which leads me to tonight:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which is what this week has been leading up to, really).

Bit of a different direction for a superhero film, more political thriller with special effects than anything, but I enjoyed it (I'm also wondering how this will impact Agents of Shield now).

Also, it was cool to see a group of kids sit in rapt attention for a 2-hour plus film which was basically a re-run of All The President's Men with BIG GUNS and then see them go nuts over the teaser during the credits at the end of the film (they certainly got it!). 

Great stuff, more please!