Which book is this?

Pretty sure it's not Enid Blyton as there is no mention of ginger beer!  Far too grown up too. :)

Yeah, you're right. It was just what popped into mind first :)

I also thought of Agatha Christie but decided to leave that as back-up :D But poppyshake's been to my back-up closet... :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol:

Nope, not Agatha Christie.   :)

Another quote:

“Why did dogs make one want to cry? There was something so quiet and hopeless about their sympathy. Xxxxxx, knowing something was wrong, as dogs always do. Trunks being packed. Cars being brought to the door. Dogs standing with drooping tails, dejected eyes. Wandering back to their baskets in the hall when the sound of the car dies away.”

Oh Lord .. how embarrassing .. I have read it and I didn't remember the toast quote :blush2: well done chalie :smile: 

Well, at least you have another to add to your Toast Quotes book! :)  :friends3:

Ok, here's another..

It was the end of September and cold. He smelled burning wood one evening as he walked the wagon trail. As he got closer, he saw smoke rising from their chimney and then ***** was standing in the doorway, her hands on her swollen belly. ******* had never seen anything so welcoming.

Wow, impressed with myself! :giggle2:

Ok, here's the next one ...

She remembered.  After all these years.  And yet he had lived out his ordinary life as if what she had done meant nothing.  He hadn't tried to stop her.  He hadn't followed.  He hadn't even said goodbye.

:D

˝You just go in with your duffle bag apparently full, a pair of old plimsolls on the top, go up to the book section and stuff  as many books as you like in the bag. Put the plimsolls back on top, sling the bag over your shoulder, then go up and buy a pencil or something. Best when the shop´s really busy, during break, some time like that. He never, ever notices a thing. I´ve stolen literally hundreds of books that way.˝