Kylie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I will avoid drinking anywhere near the herd! :giggle2:

A week of hard gardening and equally hard collating and filing. A productive week indeed, although today will be slightly more restful as I stay indoors with the paperwork. It's wet and windy outside so I am glad to have got things done.

Our local (only 3 miles away) Indian owned newsagent has just started to sell homemade dishes and sauces, so I have two side dishes of bombay potato and vegetable malai to have with chicken later. I have dipped a finger into the dishes and my mouth is still watering from the flavours......Roll On supper time! :character0104:

I think I will avoid drinking anywhere near the herd! :giggle2:

A week of hard gardening and equally hard collating and filing. A productive week indeed, although today will be slightly more restful as I stay indoors with the paperwork. It's wet and windy outside so I am glad to have got things done.

Our local (only 3 miles away) Indian owned newsagent has just started to sell homemade dishes and sauces, so I have two side dishes of bombay potato and vegetable malai to have with chicken later. I have dipped a finger into the dishes and my mouth is still watering from the flavours......Roll On supper time! :character0104:

LOL, sometimes you just gotta take a chance. :)

What type of gardening were you doing?

My vegetable garden is done except for the peppers which are thriving at this time of year and even my neighbors have had their fill of my peppers. Among my pepper plants are 2 habanero plants and each plant produces hundreds of peppers. I have frozen enough to last all winter, spring and into next summer. :)

Every time I think about opening a new Facebook account (I deleted my account a few years back because I just don't like the company's ethics) they go and do something to remind me why I deleted my account in the first place.  It's annoying though because it would be useful to have an account, but I just don't want to be a product!

Poor Muggles ....pearls to the swine and all that. But hey, when I first met you I HATED wine, so you've made some progress :giggle:

Poor Muggles ....pearls to the swine and all that. But hey, when I first met you I HATED wine, so you've made some progress :giggle:

Chrissy and others - Is she being "nasty" to me. :)

Chrissy and others - Is she being "nasty" to me. :)

I thought Poppy was suggesting that she no longer hates wine because of you....... :smile:

........although the alternative reading of it is that she is saying that you have driven her to drink! :o  :giggle2:

The gardening I was carrying out was savagery! It was cutting weeds and brambles back from a rockery so that I could actually see the rocks again. Some of the brambles were over 6 feet long. :blush2:

I like it. It's only been getting popular in Germany in the last few years, but I prefer it to carnival. Less drunken silliness than people usually exhibit during carnival season while being equally fun for the kids.

Also, any reason to play spooky boardgames with friends and dress up is a good reason.

I got back from Iceland last night after 5 amazing and exhilarating days. I arrived on Monday afternoon in temperatures of around 4 degrees and the temperature dropped very rapidly after that. I woke up on Tuesday then to find a blanket of snow - the first this year and set up downtown to explore and take stacks of pictures of the semi frozen lake and so on.

The Northern Lights tour I had booked was cancelled for Monday night, but I went on the Tuesday instead and had the most fantastic displays imaginable that went on for over 2 hours. I really could not have hoped for better. They took us way out into the countryside down on the south coast where it was completely pitch black. I and several other coach loads of people were busy putting up tripods and so on and drinking copious amounts of coffee to keep warm. It is a strange thing but the lights although amazing are not nearly so dramatic as they appear when you see the videos and so on on Youtube. I think what you have to remember is that these are done like a time lapse with very long exposures (I did mine for almost a minute), whereas when you are watching them live it is much faster, more like a flickering in the sky. You cannot always see the different colours with the naked eye, which is why a tripod is so essential, for it is only with those exposures that you can capture all those colours and all the swirls. From what I have seen of my own images I did good.

On Wednesday it was of course the other big event - the lighting of the Imagine Peace Tower. I travelled over to Videy, the island on which the Tower is located on the free bus/ferry along with what seemed like half of Reykjavik. The ceremony was fairly low key but spectacular none the less with the somewhat predictable playing of much of John Lennon's repertoire. At one point a late flight from Reykjavik flew right through the beams which was pretty spectacular. Once again I got plenty of pictures of the crowds and of course the Tower itself, plus Yoko Ono doing her speech.

While I was there I also went on the obligatory Golden Circle and Blue Lagoon tours, and made 2 visits to the famous Reykjavik swimming pool - it is strange to think that this time yesterday I was soaking in one of the hot pools in temperatures of 40 degrees. Now though I am home and I have to start planning the next visit which will probably be in the summer. I have 2 tubs of Skyr and a big bottle of Brennivin to keep the memories alive.

Edited by Talisman

I'm glad you had a great time, Talisman :)!

Today I went into town and bought some new shoes! I bought one pair for normal use and one pair for walking (with the dogs). Both of my old pairs that I used for these purposes were getting old and tattered (and the walking shoes no longer waterproof after 5+ years), so I'm quite happy with my new pairs of shoes. I also bought three books at the charity shop and some vitamine pills that I should take.

Your trip sounds fabulous June!  I'm so pleased it went so well.  :D

Athena, did I hear something about new books?  heh heh

Well, we are in Washington, D.C. tonight, will be for a few days.  We went to the Book Fair first thing and bought a few books.  We were fairly conservative though. Yes we were!  Will post list on book thread.

We'll do some shopping and sightseeing tomorrow. 

We took the train from New Orleans, a 25 hour train ride, went well. 

More later.

What books did you get Gaia?

x

I posted it in my book thread, but here they are :):

Faith Bleasdale - The Love Resort (own two other books by this author but haven't read them yet, all bought at the charity shop)

Sarah Webb - Something to Talk About (I own one other book by this author that I loved)

Brian Moore - Lies of Silence (part of the Lijsters series)

I bought them all at the local charity shop (Terre des Hommes).

Well, we are in Washington, D.C. tonight, will be for a few days.  We went to the Book Fair first thing and bought a few books.  We were fairly conservative though. Yes we were!  Will post list on book thread.

More later.

x

I wish you lots of fun :)!

Your trip sounds fabulous June!  I'm so pleased it went so well.  :D

Athena, did I hear something about new books?  heh heh

More later.

Enjoy the trip. Washington is a great place to visit as there are so many things to see and do.

Can you please knock some sense into the idiots up there will in Washington.

Edited by muggle not

Coran is processing the pictures for me as I write - I will try and put some thumbnails on here if I can work out how to, otherwise I will post them on Facebook.

Just click on More Reply Options (next to post)

Down the bottom of page is Attach Files. Click on Choose Files and then click on the photos you want to share. They will show as thumbnails. Hope that helps :)

x

I posted it in my book thread, but here they are :):

Faith Bleasdale - The Love Resort (own two other books by this author but haven't read them yet, all bought at the charity shop)

Sarah Webb - Something to Talk About (I own one other book by this author that I loved)

Brian Moore - Lies of Silence (part of the Lijsters series)

I bought them all at the local charity shop (Terre des Hommes).

x x

I wish you lots of fun :)!

Thanks, Athena! :)

Enjoy the trip. Washington is a great place to visit as there are so many things to see and do.

Can you please knock some sense into the idiots up there will in Washington.

Thanks muggle, we are. :)

HAH!  Lost cause, my friend!

Reminds me of the saying.....How can you tell when a politician is lying? When his lips are moving..... :tease:

Thanks for reminding me, Muggle!  I really don't know why I remain a fan of our :censored: football team.

Have fun in DC, Pontalba!  I love it there :D.  How was the Crescent?  I used to book train travel and I know that train well.  They still held the book sale, huh?  I'm surprised those jerks didn't ruin your weekend by canceling the sale. 

I had a productive weekend and got lots done.  This week will be busy with work and will hopefully go fast because this weekend I'm having one last hurrah up at the cabin with a few friends of mine.  I won't be going up until again until next spring, unfortunately :(.