Never Ending Song Titles - Part 8

I'll Be Home for Christmas - Bing Crosby

2 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Rockin around the Christmas Tree - various

A little Trivia on Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree song.;

Brenda Lee was 12 yrs old when she was asked to record the song. She recorded it when she was 13 yrs old in 1958. This Holiday Season in 2023 the song by Brenda, who is now 78 yrs old, is ranked #1 for Christmas Music in the U.S. Amazing!!!

Also Amazing, a little info on Johnny Marks who wrote Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. Other songs he wrote.

Highlights in the Marks catalog include “Don’t Cross You Fingers, Cross Your Heart”, “Address Unknown”, “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”, “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day”, “We Speak of You Often”, “She’ll Always Remember”, “What’ve You Got to Lose But Your Heart”, “A Merry Merry Christmas”, “The Night before Christmas Song”, “Everyone’s a Child at Christmas”, “Summer Holiday”, “Neglected”, “Who Calls?”, “Happy New Year, Darling”, “When Santa Claus Gets Your Letter”, “I Guess There’s an End to Everything”, “How Long Is Forever”, “Free”, “Chicken Today and Feathers Tomorrow”, “A Holly Jolly Christmas”, “Silver and Gold”, “There’s Always Tomorrow”, “The Most Wonderful Day of the Year”, Jingle, Jingle, Jingle and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Edited by muggle not
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, muggle not said:

A little Trivia on Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree song.;

Brenda Lee was 12 yrs old when she was asked to record the song. She recorded it when she was 13 yrs old in 1958. This Holiday Season in 2023 the song by Brenda, who is now 78 yrs old, is ranked #1 for Christmas Music in the U.S. Amazing!!!

Also Amazing, a little info on Johnny Marks who wrote Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. Other songs he wrote.

Highlights in the Marks catalog include “Don’t Cross You Fingers, Cross Your Heart”, “Address Unknown”, “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”, “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day”, “We Speak of You Often”, “She’ll Always Remember”, “What’ve You Got to Lose But Your Heart”, “A Merry Merry Christmas”, “The Night before Christmas Song”, “Everyone’s a Child at Christmas”, “Summer Holiday”, “Neglected”, “Who Calls?”, “Happy New Year, Darling”, “When Santa Claus Gets Your Letter”, “I Guess There’s an End to Everything”, “How Long Is Forever”, “Free”, “Chicken Today and Feathers Tomorrow”, “A Holly Jolly Christmas”, “Silver and Gold”, “There’s Always Tomorrow”, “The Most Wonderful Day of the Year”, Jingle, Jingle, Jingle and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

How interesting! Brenda Lee has done remarkably well. I'd never heard of Johnny Marks, but what a talented writer, some very well-known and popular songs there.