Your Book Activity - May 2013

I've never read anything by Slaughter (or Reichs for that matter), but I did pick up a paperback by her the other day...Fractured I think it's called....have you read it?  Any good?  Maybe I should pick up a few....I see them often at book sales

I would definitely recommend Slaughter's books, but if you do decide to try them, please start with the first book in the series, which is named Blindsighted. Like in the Scarpetta series, we get to learn about the main characters, the police and such and such, and if the books aren't read in the correct order one's going to miss a lot of good stuff! :)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never read anything by Slaughter (or Reichs for that matter), but I did pick up a paperback by her the other day...Fractured I think it's called....have you read it?  Any good?  Maybe I should pick up a few....I see them often at book sales

I would definitely recommend Slaughter's books, but if you do decide to try them, please start with the first book in the series, which is named Blindsighted. Like in the Scarpetta series, we get to learn about the main characters, the police and such and such, and if the books aren't read in the correct order one's going to miss a lot of good stuff! :)

Even though I have one of Slaughter's books, it's unread till now.  But I can recommend Reichs.  At least the first 5 or 6 of the series.  Somewhere in there she became too political for my taste.  Maybe she's back off on that by now, not sure. 

Even though I have one of Slaughter's books, it's unread till now.  But I can recommend Reichs.  At least the first 5 or 6 of the series.  Somewhere in there she became too political for my taste.  Maybe she's back off on that by now, not sure. 

I recommend you start up with Slaughter, too! :)  I would also recommend Reichs, the ones I read in order (can't remember how far I got, 5-6 books for me, too, I think) were great. Much better than Cornwell!

But I'm also going to mention Jeffery Deaver in this context. *whistles* Read his books!

I finally finished All That Remains. What a bummer! Then I started Still Alice by Lisa Genova, and got to about 80 pages before I fell asleep. This is the first unread fictional novel I've read in two months, so I'm pretty excited I got so far and had no problems! :smile2:

I'm about 140 pages into A Fire Upon the Deep and my brain (such as it is) feels about ready to explode.  I remember this feeling from the first time I read it weirdsmiley.gif  :lol:

I'm about 140 pages into A Fire Upon the Deep and my brain (such as it is) feels about ready to explode.  I remember this feeling from the first time I read it weirdsmiley.gif  :lol:

Note to self: remove book off wishlist and curse ex.

Edited by frankie

I recommend you start up with Slaughter, too! :)  I would also recommend Reichs, the ones I read in order (can't remember how far I got, 5-6 books for me, too, I think) were great. Much better than Cornwell!

But I'm also going to mention Jeffery Deaver in this context. *whistles* Read his books!

I finally finished All That Remains. What a bummer! Then I started Still Alice by Lisa Genova, and got to about 80 pages before I fell asleep. This is the first unread fictional novel I've read in two months, so I'm pretty excited I got so far and had no problems! :smile2:

ah...I didn't realize Slaughter's went in order...thanks for the tip!  I think I have a Deaver somewhere on my shelf (haven't read any of his either yet....my god, what am I missing!!)....will check for it :D

Yeah, that happens way too often...or religion too  :sarcastic:

ah...I didn't realize Slaughter's went in order...thanks for the tip!  I think I have a Deaver somewhere on my shelf (haven't read any of his either yet....my god, what am I missing!!)....will check for it :D

No worries, always happy to help! :)  And by the way, you should check out which Deaver book you have, because some of them are standalones and some are a series, and you should read the series books in order, too :giggle:

I'm enjoying Replay (Ken Grimwood), I wasn't sure at first as it seemed a little shallow but is improving by the page now! :)  :readingtwo:  :smile:

Oh dear, Steve's head's going to burst... :lol:

How can it burst when it's already exploded? :lol:

Glad you're enjoying Replay, chalie :smile:

In my experience Steve's always think they are right, in fact I bought my Steve a t-shirt that said as much to save other time in figuring it out.. ;)

I'm intrigued to see how it all ends! (Replay, not Steve) :D

In my experience Steve's always think they are right, in fact I bought my Steve a t-shirt that said as much to save other time in figuring it out.. ;)

I'm intrigued to see how it all ends! (Replay, not Steve) :D

I agree with me :yes:

:giggle2:

No worries, always happy to help! :)  And by the way, you should check out which Deaver book you have, because some of them are standalones and some are a series, and you should read the series books in order, too :giggle:

I believe I have The Bone Collector & The Coffin Dancer....are they both good?

Read theroux, on to human traces by seb faulks. So good that I read 100 pages between carrick on suir and dublin today.

Human Traces is my most favourite book ever, it's great to hear someone else is reading it! Do let me know what you think once you've finished it. :)

I'm reading two books of an italian writer, so I won't write the titles because it's useless for you. But she's really good, I have to give her other chances and stop underestimating her just because she's italian.

Still waiting for Dry.. Burroughs is famous here.. unbelievable.

Human Traces is my most favourite book ever, it's great to hear someone else is reading it! Do let me know what you think once you've finished it. :)

So far it is tremendous chaliepud. I work in a mental hospital as a nurse and the history is fascinating. Seb is a new author for me too.

So far it is tremendous chaliepud. I work in a mental hospital as a nurse and the history is fascinating. Seb is a new author for me too.

I'm so pleased, I studied psychology many moons ago so maybe it's that interested that helps with enjoying the book.  I have read a few other Faulks but have only really enjoyed Human Traces and Birdsong.. :)

I believe I have The Bone Collector & The Coffin Dancer....are they both good?

Those are the Deavers I've read, and I loved both of them! Very smart books :yes: Highly recommended :)

I'm reading two books of an italian writer, so I won't write the titles because it's useless for you. But she's really good, I have to give her other chances and stop underestimating her just because she's italian.

Still waiting for Dry.. Burroughs is famous here.. unbelievable.

Do you know if the books by the Italian author have been translated in English, if we would happen to know them? :)

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long for Dry :( I hope you get it as soon as possible!

I have less than 100 pages of Still Alice left, and I bought a book today... I think my mojo's back. Today I went to browse in the bookshop and I couldn't wait to get home so I could read read read! :smile2: Books <3

Those are the Deavers I've read, and I loved both of them! Very smart books :yes: Highly recommended :)

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long for Dry :( I hope you get it as soon as possible!

great....thanks :D

speaking of Dry...I'm sure I have that somewhere too....no doubt hiding with the other Deaver book...will have to dig for them!

Just finished reading Man Walks into a Room by Nicole Krauss.  Excellent book - would make the perfect fiction accompaniment to Moonwalking With Einstein by Joshua Foer, who coincidentally (or perhaps not!) is her brother-in-law.

great....thanks :D

You're welcome! :)

speaking of Dry...I'm sure I have that somewhere too....no doubt hiding with the other Deaver book...will have to dig for them!

Have you read any Burroughs before? You definitely need to find those books and read them ASAP :D