Turned Out Nice Again . . .

Raven

Much as I lovethe sunny days there is something about a walk in the rain and that wet dog smell after..

I don't mind the wet dog smell, but I hate walking in the rain. Maybe it's because I wear glasses and it is such a pain to not have clear vision. Even with a hood on,  I still get spotty drops on my specs. :doh:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's even worse when you're cycling and the distance you cover is further than you can see if you take them off.

It's raining - raining in my heart!

Well, it's raining outside at least. Miserable whether this morning, dark and dingy. Still feels like the middle of the night. :(

Such a perfect day today. We took Reuben out to the woods again and he played around in the streams. I'm aching though - not used to walking for so long. We really have to take advantage of weather like this when we can, as true to form they are forecasting rain for tomorrow.

It's been lovely today, Woke up read first 100 pages of Dex by Design, looked at the newly fixed bike and then did some shopping. looked at the bike again and jumped on a bus to birmingham. Sunny.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see the UK coping so well with weather anything other than moderate - I've just seen two articles on the BBC news website, the first that there are train delays out of Waterloo due to a section of track buckling in the heat, and the second that parts of the M25 were closed at the weekend because the tarmac was melting! Not nice for anyone caught up in it, but it's what we do here.

Edited by chesilbeach

We are having an actual summer .. I can hardly believe it and it looks set to continue ... amazing. Might even get a swimming pool installed ;) 

It is actually too hot though .. everyone is fagged. I walked to the shops and felt like a dinosaur plodding to extinction under a blazing sun .. I didn't dare keel over for fear of the T.Rex's but flopped as soon as I got back indoors. Was saved from total meltdown by a choc ice :D

Haha Claire .. of course the country has come to a standstill .. the sun is out :D I haven't seen the tarmac bubbling for years .. took me right down memory lane that did.

Big increase in house flies though .. not funny.

Poppy,  a friend tried something she saw on Facebook.. hang a clear bag of water with half a dozen pennies or 2p's in it by the door, and apparently they won't come in..........

With flies being afraid of drowning and small change, like they are, I can see that one working!

We are having our Dare I Say 2 week , British summer and It's lovely, but not for cycling as it's Too damn warm. (which proves I'm british)English)

Poppy,  a friend tried something she saw on Facebook.. hang a clear bag of water with half a dozen pennies or 2p's in it by the door, and apparently they won't come in..........

Thanks chalie .. got to be worth a try :smile:

Worse than that, the Daddy Long Legs are about; they seriously freak me out.  :hide:  I hate it when they dive-bomb me.

Yes I hate them too Claire .. my shriek-o-meter has reached an all time high lately thanks to them. I'm not keen on moths either, bombing my book when I have a booklight on .. wildlife!! .. why can't it stick to the wild? :D (wasps are another pet hate .. I like a bee .. bees are useful .. but wasps .. they just irritate). Add in snails (which ... despite the weather are all over the garden) and I think we're just about done. Spiders always of course but *really shouldn't be saying this* I haven't seen one lately :wibbly: 

Yes I hate them too Claire .. my shriek-o-meter has reached an all time high lately thanks to them. I'm not keen on moths either, bombing my book when I have a booklight on .. wildlife!! .. why can't it stick to the wild? :D (wasps are another pet hate .. I like a bee .. bees are useful .. but wasps .. they just irritate). Add in snails (which ... despite the weather are all over the garden) and I think we're just about done. Spiders always of course but *really shouldn't be saying this* I haven't seen one lately :wibbly: 

It's time's like this I miss living at home - my Dad would always get them out of my room for me, but OH just rolls his eyes. :roll:

Edited by chesilbeach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...