What's Up in March?

risingdawn

We had quite a full day yesterday.  Drove down to New Orleans and first went to the show and saw this..... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2309788/ The Gatekeepers.  A documentary.  Fantastic.  Interviews of 6 past heads of the Shin Bet.  Israel's, security agency.  If you are at all interested in the Middle East, you must watch it.

Then we caught the last event of the Tennessee Williams Literary Festival... http://www.tennesseewilliams.net/tennessee-williams-in-others-words  It was lots of fun!  The speakers were wonderful.  Articulate and talented presenters/actors. 

It was all kind of last minute, making it all the more fun. :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a strange week for me - and one that has gone quickly, which is probably just as well. Tuesday was pay day, bu when I got my payslip I had a nasty shock - they have deducted all the time off I had my recent trip to Lundy as unpaid leave, leaving me with just under £500 to live on for the next month. I knew that I wouldn't be paid for all of it (they told me I would be paid for the 39 hours that I have accrued up until the end of the holiday year, which is any day now), so I expected them to deduct something, but not this much. Of course I spoke to the Business Manager about it, and while she was apologetic, she said I will have to wait until next month to get what I am owed, which I not at all happy about. :motz: All I can say is thank goodness for credit cards (and the Kindle spring sale), speaking of which, Coran and I have managed to get tickets to see one of my favourite bands at Wembley in November - Sigur Ros, which I am really excited about. Because I subscribe to their website I managed to get the tickets before they go on sale to the general public, so they should be good seats. 

For some reason I seem to be thinking about Iceland a lot lately (it might be all those pictures of the Northern Lights that my Icelandic friends keep posting on Facebook), so it might be time to start planning another visit soon. :smile:

Edited by Talisman

It's too bad they can't give you the money you're owed now, Talisman. Did the management office say what was the reason for the discrepancy?

It's getting pretty spring-like here, and will be in the 40's this week! :D  Is it warming up across the pond?  Hopefully all of this ugly, dirty snow will disappear quickly.  Monday is the official first day of baseball season and since we have an outdoor stadium, I think warm temps would be best! :D

I woke up on Tuesday with awful neck pain, but I'm hanging in there.  I saw the doc yesterday and she gave me a muscle relaxant (sp?) since she thinks I must've pulled a muscle somehow.  On Sunday I smacked my head on the kitchen counter so this may be a side effect. What a klutz!

I hope everyone has a great week ahead and weekend too!

The reason is basically because someone made a cock up. That's all there is to it, simple human error. I will get it next month, but in the meantime my credit card is going to get a bit of bashing. I am still not happy about it, but there appears to be nothing I can do, so I guess I just have to live with it.

At least I have tomorrow off - although I will be working for the rest of the weekend. Monday at least though is double time. :smile:

Edited by Talisman

That's a shame, Talisman! They really should advance you an estimate of the money you are owed, and then put it through the payroll next month to sort the tax and NI out. That's what we do where I work.

Looking forward to enjoying the long weekend, though I will probably spend a bit of it studying. Still, it's so nice to be home and to be able to relax.

Can officially upgrade my phone contract when I'm off at my Dad's now. Tweeted the offical Vodafone UK account asking if it was possible to upgrade in-store without my Mum and they said phone up 191. Did that and they were like no you can't but because the twitter account people said I could and their a verified account they have to do it. :D Wooo!

I joined the gym! I was thinking about it but then was offered some good deals as my friend works there so mates rates, my husband works in aviation so got some corporate deal, peak for off peak price.. Just need to make myself go now!! :o

It has been a strange week for me - and one that has gone quickly, which is probably just as well. Tuesday was pay day, bu when I got my payslip I had a nasty shock - they have deducted all the time off I had my recent trip to Lundy as unpaid leave, leaving me with just under £500 to live on for the next month. I knew that I wouldn't be paid for all of it (they told me I would be paid for the 39 hours that I have accrued up until the end of the holiday year, which is any day now), so I expected them to deduct something, but not this much. Of course I spoke to the Business Manager about it, and while she was apologetic, she said I will have to wait until next month to get what I am owed, which I not at all happy about. :motz: All I can say is thank goodness for credit cards (and the Kindle spring sale), speaking of which, Coran and I have managed to get tickets to see one of my favourite bands at Wembley in November - Sigur Ros, which I am really excited about. Because I subscribe to their website I managed to get the tickets before they go on sale to the general public, so they should be good seats. 

For some reason I seem to be thinking about Iceland a lot lately (it might be all those pictures of the Northern Lights that my Icelandic friends keep posting on Facebook), so it might be time to start planning another visit soon. :smile:

Get the trade union onto your bosses please.

March Madness - my Women's final 4 picks:

Baylor

Stanford

Notre Dame

Delaware (my big, big upset pick)

Sofia, lets see your final 4 picks for the women. UConn still in the running. :)

March Madness - my Women's final 4 picks:

Baylor

Stanford

Notre Dame

Delaware (my big, big upset pick)

Sofia, lets see your final 4 picks for the women. UConn still in the running. :)

Since you haven't responded I have decided to for-go my upset pick and will go with UConn instead. :) my new picks:

Baylor

Stanford

Notre Dame

UConn

Heads up to everyone that I'm away from home for 9 days starting Tuesday :P You'll probably find that my status thing will update as I will have twitter but I don't want to use up all my data on my phone by coming on here all the time. However, may be able to get on every so often if I nab my Dad's Wifi and connect up my Kobo or phone. :P