Your Book Activity ~ March 2013

Kylie

ETA:  I think I know the theme tune to Dick Barton from The Two Ronnies!  I'm pretty certain it was used in a recurring sketch - maybe The Phantom Flan-flinger of Old London Town?!  :lol:

Think your mixing up your Tiswas with your Two Ronnies there Janet  :D  Wasn't it the Phantom Raspberry Blower from Old London Town & the Phantom Flan-Flinger was on Tiswas ?  :10_confused:

Made a start on The Last Englishman after Wolf Hall this seems like a really short read  :readingtwo:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't managed any reading at all today - spent my lunch break on the phone to various companies being kept on hold for ages :irked:  Still, hopefully might at least fit a chapter in tonight and will carry on with The Thirty-Nine Steps which I'm thoroughly enjoying! :D

Just about to start 'The Memory Stones' by Kate O'Riordan. Not an author I know at all, but this is a bookcrossing book that has been lounging on my shelf for too long.

I've spent virtually the entire day reading (can't think of many things better..) and have finished Storm of Swords II: Blood and Gold by George R. R. Martin. Certainly the best book in the series so far for me, twists and turns on every page and some of the reveals really threw me. Really gripping and thoroughly entertaining, I'll be back to this series soon.

In the meantime though, I'm taking a break and have started The Time Traveler's Wife. Very interesting thus far, will be settling down with this tonight..

Gave yup on my short fiction book from the Uni. Got to one that was just dragging on and I couldn't wait for the end and it was a few pages away and it's made me not feel like reading the rest. So I have started Blackthorn: A Tale of Fire and Fury by Nik Morgan. Unfortunately I can't put it on Goodreads. :(

Yay! :D

In book related news, I finished reading Lissanne Oliver - Sorted! (in Dutch). I'm not sure yet what to read next, though I have a TBR pile I plan to be doing some other things in the next few days so I don't know how much time there'll be to read.

‘Ablutions’ by Patrick deWitt arrived today. First impressions count and it makes a good one. It feels like it belongs in my hand. :) At first glance it isshorter than I thought given the length of its more acclaimed sibling.

The opening line reads ‘DISCUSS THE REGULARS. They sit in a line like ugly, huddled birds, eyes wet with alcohol.’ Yes, that catches my attention from the outset! :)

I finished a book today too, after a couple of days of almost no reading, I managed to sit down and finish The Thirty-Nine Steps which was a cracking adventure tale.  Loved it!

Have quite a few books lined up on my Kindle now, so just need to decide what to read first. :dunno:

I finished a book today too, after a couple of days of almost no reading, I managed to sit down and finish The Thirty-Nine Steps which was a cracking adventure tale.  Loved it!

Have quite a few books lined up on my Kindle now, so just need to decide what to read first. :dunno:

Absolutely agree with you there Claire.  If you get time, do try the sequel, Greenmantle, which also features Richard Hannay.

I'm struggling with The Streets by Anthony Quinn but hope to finish it later today/tomorrow and then it's on to The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones.

Absolutely agree with you there Claire.  If you get time, do try the sequel, Greenmantle, which also features Richard Hannay.

I'm struggling with The Streets by Anthony Quinn but hope to finish it later today/tomorrow and then it's on to The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones.

I'm reading this at the moment.  Sort of wondering what made me pick it up, but not going to give it up yet.