What's up in February?

Lilywhite

This is a masive and dangerous snowstorm that will have blizzard conditions. As a comparison, could you imagine London getting 36" of snow and winds up to 75 miles per hour. That is what may happen in Boston.

http://weather.aol.com/2013/02/08/nyc-new-england-brace-for-massive-blizzard/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D267856

Keep us posted Muggles. A state of emergency has been declared where Sofia is.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep us posted Muggles. A state of emergency has been declared where Sofia is.

All vehicles have been ordered of the roads in 3 States, Mass., Conn. (Sofia), and Rhode Island.

Winds are gusting over 70 miles per hour and it is a terrible blizzard near Boston and it is expected to continue for 10 more hours. it is 'whiteout" conditions.

I hope everyone's OK in the US. How did your GD go in Australia, Muggles? I hope she had a good time and was treated well.

She really enjoyed Sydney except she said it was very expensive. Most of her money went for food. :) She stayed in Chinatown and went to classes at "The Science Center" in the "Rocks". she liked the people and got to see a lot in her short time there.

Poppy - losing power is one of the fears. Connecticutt is getting more snow, I think, than predicted. Last I heard was the Central part of that State had 24".

Edited by muggle not

She really enjoyed Sydney except she said it was very expensive. Most of her money went for food. :) She stayed in Chinatown and went to classes at "The Science Center" in the "Rocks". she liked the people and got to see a lot in her short time there.

Poppy - losing power is one of the fears. Connecticutt is getting more snow, I think, than predicted. Last I heard was the Central part of that State had 24".

A photo of the snow in Boston.

A few photos of the snow and scenes.

Click on this also to see a really nice photo gallery of the snow.

http://www.rr.com/news/photo_gallery_snowstorm#rr%2F81301570%2F81301544%2F

Wow ....amazing photos Muggles. You could easily lose your car in that lot! But at the same time it's very beautiful.

I wonder how Sofia is, no sign of her today :(

On a lighter note, saw this picture ..... :D

post-3715-0-50944100-1360463839_thumb.jpg

Sofia and any other members here in the northeast US, good luck to you with that dumping of snow!  I've really gotten cranky in my old age and Mother Nature is on the top of my you-know-what list. 

We're supposed to get hit with some stuff overnight and it's supposed to last all day tomorrow but it won't be anything compared to what's going on out east.  All good vibes will be heading your way :smile2:  

I had a really nice dinner out tonight with my oldest and dearest friends to celebrate my birthday.  We all take each other out and tonight was my turn.  We grew up together and I've known them all since I was 14, so we always have a fun time.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the weekend! :D

Wow ....amazing photos Muggles. You could easily lose your car in that lot! But at the same time it's very beautiful.

I wonder how Sofia is, no sign of her today :(

On a lighter note, saw this picture ..... :D

attachicon.gifsnow.jpg

I suspect that sofia may be without power and that can be dangerous. Hope she is ok. There was one town in Connecticutt that got 40 inches of snow.

I talked with my aunt (she is in her mid 80's and lives alone) who lives in York, Maine and she couldn't get out her front door as the snow was drifted about 4 feet high. She did have access though at the back door and through the garage.  She had someone plow her driveway but there was nowhere to go anyhow due to snow. :)

Edited by muggle not

We had a power cut, gladly power has just been restored! I'm glad it didn't take too long. We keep the house warm using wood but it needs electricity to pump the water through, so with a power cut there's no electricity but also no heating.

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. My driving test got canceled because of the snow, they've given me a new date but with work I might not be able to do it.

Spent the weekend in London for my sister's birthday. Felt like I spent most of the time travelling though because we drove up on Saturday and I came back on the train yesterday

30 inches.  That's what we got.  It's unbelievable.  And there's nowhere to put it.  My street was finally passable a couple days later, but as of yesterday many weren't.  I finally made it to work today, late.  We didn't lose power; actually, the amount of people that did lose power was pretty low compared to Hurricane Sandy and the freak snow storm in October 2011.  If any of you are interested there's pics on FB.  Oh, there's more snow predicted for Wednesday evening, a few inches I think, and Saturday night.  Joy.  Is it Spring yet??

God snow! We've had it predicted where I live in the UK (south-west) and never received anything. We had hail at one point which got all the younger kids at my school excited as they clearly didn't look at the ground and see that it wasn't like a sheet but little balls. BECAUSE IT WAS HAIL!

But yes, I wouldn't mind snow now. Back when we were forecast it I had my exams and was praying it wouldn't come, and it didn't.

30 inches.  That's what we got.  It's unbelievable.  And there's nowhere to put it.  My street was finally passable a couple days later, but as of yesterday many weren't.  I finally made it to work today, late.  We didn't lose power; actually, the amount of people that did lose power was pretty low compared to Hurricane Sandy and the freak snow storm in October 2011.  If any of you are interested there's pics on FB.  Oh, there's more snow predicted for Wednesday evening, a few inches I think, and Saturday night.  Joy.  Is it Spring yet??

Glad you're fine Sofia  

Stay warm :friends3:

We have had lovely warm (for this time of year) weather these past few days, so I am making the most of my day off. I am off to Lundy for 11 nights on Monday (driving down to Barnstaple on Sunday), so hope it lasts. I am just about to log on to Amazon to go book shopping so I have something to read - I have £30 worth of vouchers to make use of, so I should be able to get something with them. :readingtwo: